DS18B20 Output temperature

• This is my first post and I am not sure I have put it in the right place. I want to increase the reading of my DS18B20 by 5 degrees. For example it is now reading 43. 2 degrees C and I would like the one wire output to be 48.2 degrees. Is this possible?

• Mod

Hi @bobthebuilder, welcome to the forum!

In the example sketch, just before send(msg.setSensor(i).set(temperature,1)); you can add this:

temperature=temperature + 5.0

• @mfalkvidd Thanks very much mfalkvidd. My DS18B20 feeds a Paladin diverter which transfers solar energy to my hot water. I don't have access to the code in the Paladin. Can I put an arduino programmed to raise the indicated temperature by 5 degrees between the sensor and the Paladin diverter?

• Mod

@bobthebuilder said in DS18B20 Output temperature:

Can I put an arduino programmed to raise the indicated temperature by 5 degrees between the sensor and the Paladin diverter?

As I understand from your limited description that would require emulation of the DS18B20 protocol by an Arduino.
    You would connect the DS18B20 to the Arduino, raise the measured temperature as described above and then make it look to the diverter as if the reading came directly from the DS18B20.
    I'm sure it can be done, but I don't have example code for it. You could try googling...

• thanks Yveaux That seems like the way I will have to go. I will work on it.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics