New Project

• Hello,

I am new to this type of project and I could use some assistance. I have watched a lot of videos and I think I am capable of figuring it out.
    Since this will be my first project of this kind, I was wondering if I could maybe get any suggestions on what parts to use to put it together. Or any suggestions to get me started in the right direction.

What I want to try to do is this.
    I want to put together a motion sensor that when triggered will activate 3 LED's and a looping sound. I want to be able to put this inside a halloween decoration so I want to attach it to a battery of some kind. I don't want it to be big or bulky as the decoration will be about pumpkin size.

Thank you in advance.

• I have narrowed down the components.

I will use:
    Arduino Uno
    SparkFun Audio-Sound Breakout - WTV020SD
    3 red LEDs
    8 ohm speaker
    3V AA Battery holder

Am I forgetting anything? Do I need a capacitor or a step up/step down regulator?
    Any suggestions is kindly accepted.
    Thanks.

@Starjade Are you planning on using this with MySensors? If so, you are missing the NRF radio module. 😄

Other things you'll need are resistors for the LEDs and a motion sensor. A capacitor may be required on the NRF radio. I would order some just in case. I would get a larger battery holder, perhaps a 6 battery one which would then supply 9V to the Uno, although if you can find a way to power it with a wall wart, that may be better. I did not see the current draw for the WTV module so you'll have to confirm that the 3.3V regulator on-board the UNO can supply both it and the NRF radio.

Cheers
    Al

• @Sparkman Thank you!

I had forgotten the resistors. Yes, I was planning on using MySensors. What is the NRF radio module used for?

@Starjade Here's a good write-up as to what MySensors is about: http://www.mysensors.org/about/components. The intent of MySensors is for a Home Automation system (the controller) to talk to remote sensors through a gateway using NRF24L01+ radio modules, although other radio types are now supported as well.

Cheers
    Al

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics