best way to sync relay node plus button node with light

• Right now I have:
    1 working relay node with 4 buttons and
    1 working button controller node with 4 buttons and 4 lights

I would like the buttons to control the relays and the button lights match the state of the relays even if the relays were toggled via the domoticz interface.

Right now I have the relays nodes set up as V_LIGHTS and my buttons as separate V_LIGHTS. Then in Blocky I did a long if/else statement if one of them changed to change the state of the other device. I think it would sometimes confuse blocky and I would start an endless cycle of toggling the buttons. (this was my first attempt with blocky)

In the future I would like to add more of my button controllers to control the same set of relays.

Is there a more elegant way to make the state of two separate devices equal.

Thanks in advance
    Troy

• @TEStevens This is two separate nodes, correct? As I understand what you described: you have a 4-relay node and you have a node with four buttons and four lights, are these LEDs on the node or switched lights?

If this is a separate node from the relays, I would use S_SCENE_CONTROLLER for the buttons and S_LIGHT for the LEDs and use logic on your controller to send V_LIGHT commands to both the LEDs on the button node and to the relay node when a scene is switched 'on' or 'off' from any of your proposed "button controllers".

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics