MySensors network static or dinamic?

• Please let me know if the MySensors network configuration is static or dynamic.
    I mean, if I install the Gateway and two nodes and they connect as following:
    Gateway(0) - Node (1) - Node (2) (1 is repeater for 2)
    Then I change something inside the network and move the Node2 closer to the Gateway, so the configuration have to become like this:
    Gateway(0) - Node (2) - Node (1) (2 is repeater for 1)
    The network will change itself or should I erase the EEPROM of the Gateway and nodes and upload again the sketches?

• Plugin Developer

@Mihai said:

Please let me know if the MySensors network configuration is static or dynamic.
    I mean, if I install the Gateway and two nodes and they connect as following:
    Gateway(0) - Node (1) - Node (2) (1 is repeater for 2)
    Then I change something inside the network and move the Node2 closer to the Gateway, so the configuration have to become like this:
    Gateway(0) - Node (2) - Node (1) (2 is repeater for 1)
    The network will change itself or should I erase the EEPROM of the Gateway and nodes and upload again the sketches?

@Mihai MySensors network is dynamic(MY_PARENT_NODE_ID should be AUTO). You can change your node at any time.
    If your node faces 5 transmission failures It will search new parent node

• Thank you for the answer! I setup my nodes ID static, because I have to manually declare them inside HomeAssistant. Is it ok if I start the node with ```

gw.begin(incomingMessage, NODE_ID, true)

or I must do it with

gw.begin(incomingMessage, NODE_ID, true, AUTO)

? (is it by default AUTO from MyConfig.h ? )

• Plugin Developer

@Mihai You can go with,

gw.begin(incomingMessage, NODE_ID, true)

• Ok, thank you.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics