Serial Gateway stopped working, SmartOutlet issues

• Hi all,
    My serial gateway suddenly stopped working. There was a Vera firmware update today so wondering if that had something to do with it (I have VeraEdge). I am also in process of trying to install a new Smart Outlet I just built (Following Pete Will design to a tee). I installed it yesterday and there was only one device found (the relay) but I didn't realize that it hadn't found the node as well. It worked but was a little buggy (would not work from the main dashboard switch but if I clicked on the device the on/off switches on that page worked perfectly. I tried to solve that problem today by deleting the device and reincluding it (which is when the firmware update hit me). When I did the inclusion it only found the node (which is when I realized it should have found both devices - node and relay). Not having the relay device made it non-functional of course so I tried to do the process all over again and to my chagrin it would not find anything. In a last ditch effort I figured I'd power cycle the Vera but unplugging and plugging it back in. That's when my MySensors plugin/serial gateway stopped working. I get this message:
    0_1453996153640_Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 9.37.29 AM.png
    Thoughts on any of this? I'm a newbie so too many things going on at once for me to troubleshoot.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Ben

• @benalsop This happened to me once with Veralite (UI5) and serial gateway. Check the serial port configuration settings within Vera. My settings (baud, plugin device, etc) were blank and i re-entered them and the GW started back up.

• Thanks for the info but as a newbie it is not enough for me :-). This is the only place I see that looks appropriate but I don't see where I can edit any settings.
    0_1453998091110_Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 10.20.29 AM.png
    Is there a link that has more detail on where to go and what the setting should be? Should I just delete the gateway device and try to re-load it?

• @benalsop I am not familiar with UI7 but it should be much different than UI5. Try re-'creating the device' first.

• Thanks again @Dwalt! I deleted the device and re-added it and then the same settings page for serial port configuration finally had some info I can edit! Just posting this so others might learn from it.
    0_1453999674136_Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 10.44.23 AM.png
    Now to try to re-include the smart outlet...Wish me luck.

• UGH!! Same problem with my smart outlet after all this crap. After trying to include it, the vera/gw finds the arduino node but not the relay, whereas yesterday it was the other way around (but at least it worked!). Anybody have thoughts on why my relay is not discoverable anymore but the node is???

• @benalsop ok never mind!! After trying the inclusion process about 8 more times it finally found the relay! Now both are included and it all works, whew, a little buggy but I'll take it as long as it continues to function...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics