[SOLVED] SerialGateway and v2.

• Hi
    I was about to test the hartbeat function in development branch v.2. To start with I wanted to update the gateway (Serial gateway - Arduino Nano).
    I could not find 'SerialGateway.ino' so I was assuming that I was to use the sketch 'GatewaySerial.ino'.

But it does not compile, and come with this error:

#error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.

The code seems also different, and in the old sketch there was also this file - GatewayUtil.h.

How do I update the gateway to the new development v2?

• Admin

@Lemme

There is a #define in the GatewaySerial.ino file at this line

Either enable MY_RADIO_NRF24 or MY_RADIO_RFM69, depending on which radio type you are using.

• I am using the NFR24 radio. So I did not change anything in the sketch. But I still get the error.
    The only thing I did was to copy the whole ZIP file from Github to the Arduino library, and compiling the sketch. Should it be done in another way?

But just to be clear, the sketch that I am supposed to be using for the gateway are now called 'GatewaySerial.ino' and do not contain a 'GatewayUtil.h' - right?

• OK - I deleted 'MySensors' folder in the library, and downloaded the ZIP once again, and copied the new 'MySensors' into it.

Now it works!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics