Confused node does not respond, except to commands sent to other nodes

• I have a MySensors network using a Vera controller. I recently upgraded the Vera to UI7 which may be related; I'm not sure at which time my troubles started. My MySensors gateway and devices are on v1.4.1 of the library.

Up till recently everything worked fine, and most devices continue to work fine. I have one node that no longer works correctly. This node is 1 of 3 devices that share the same sketch, exposing a single on/off function. If I operate the switch in the Vera UI, the node does not respond, but I can see the transmission light blink on the MySensors gateway (no error light). The node has a transmission and error light as well, and manually operating the node (they have a pushbutton for that) results in a green light but no change on the Vera UI.

The strange thing is: this node will sometimes react to commands sent to the other 2 nodes that have the same sketch: turning one of those other 2 nodes on or off will result in the faulty node turning on / off as well.

Anything I can do to further debug this, or is there a way to exclude and re-include this node into the network?

• @Muxje

It sounds like the device ID got mangled in upgrade to UI7. Check the ID#s for each device within Vera and look for duplicates between your 3 nodes. If this is the case, you may need to delete the confused node and reincluded it.

• No duplicates: the Arduino nodes have IDs ("altid" in the Vera UI) of 1;255, 4;255 and 5;255, the corresponding On/Off switches show 1;0, 4;0 and 5;0.

Interestingly the faulty node shows a "chip" icon whereas all the working nodes display a generic Z-wave icon (the other nodes are configured as repeaters though, that's the only difference)

• I have deleted the device from the Vera UI and re-included it. This time I got a new on/off switch device in Ver with an ID of 0;0. Toggling the switch in Vera doesn't affect the node, but using the pushbutton on the node will sometimes update the switch in the Vera UI. And the node still reacts to commands sent to other nodes.

At this stage, would it make sense to clear the node's EEPROM and start over?

• Admin

The node might think it has id=0?

You need to look in the debug log for the node to see what's going on.

• Yeah, the debug trace shows that the node had an ID of 0. How can this happen (since the node has been functioning well for months before)?

I flashed the EEPROM and reinstalled the sketch, after which I was able to include it with a valid node ID.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics