Can't see my nodes on HA web interface

• Hi guys.

I am new to mysensors and homeassistant. I've recently finished my gateway and my first relay node for switching lights on/off. Everything looks good, but I can't see my nodes on the HA web interface. What can I be doing wrong?

I've made this for the serial gateway: https://www.mysensors.org/build/serial_gateway
    And for the node I've followed this: https://www.mysensors.org/build/relay (same code shown on the video)

this is my configuration.yaml:

homeassistant:
      name: Home
      latitude: NONE
      longitude: NONE
      temperature_unit: C
      time_zone: UTC

mysensors:
      gateways:
        - device: '/dev/ttyUSB0'
      debug: true
      persistence: true
      version: '1.5'
      optimistic: false

history:

logbook:

discovery:

frontend:

conversation:

updater:

First I've started my homeassistant and I see this logs:

Starting Home-Assistant
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Starting Home Assistant (16 threads)
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event homeassistant_start[L]>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=stop>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=homeassistant, service=restart>
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Trying to connect to /dev/ttyUSB0
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:Starting web interface at http://0.0.0.0:8123
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Timer:starting
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:/dev/ttyUSB0 is open...
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Connected to /dev/ttyUSB0
    INFO:netdisco.service:Scanning
    WARNING:homeassistant.components.recorder:Found unfinished sessions
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0

then connect my node to the power and I've got this logs

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.4
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-19-19 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=12,sg=0:Relay Outlet
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=0,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    WARNING:mysensors.mysensors:child_id 0 already exists in children, cannot add child

after that i don't see any nodes on the web interface.

Thanks for your help and patience.

• Plugin Developer

• @martinhjelmare

Thanks for your quick reply! I've made those changes to the sketch and uploaded again, now logs looks better without any WARNING.

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0:1.5.4
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-19-19 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:M
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=12,sg=0:Relay Outlet
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=1,c=1,t=3,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0

What's the next step? I'm still not seeing nodes on my web interface... Where it's supposed to be located?

Thanks.

• Plugin Developer

@maverick

The last log line shows a set message of type 3 which is V_DIMMER or V_PERCENTAGE. That type should not be used for a simple on/off switch. You should use V_STATUS instead.

• @martinhjelmare

Hi Martin, I've been reading a lot and still no lucky, can't see my node on the HA. Take a look to my sketch and logs. There's something wrong?

Thanks again!

Sketch:

/**
     * The MySensors Arduino library handles the wireless radio link and protocol
     * between your home built sensors/actuators and HA controller of choice.
     * The sensors forms a self healing radio network with optional repeaters. Each
     * repeater and gateway builds a routing tables in EEPROM which keeps track of the
     * network topology allowing messages to be routed to nodes.
     * Created by Henrik Ekblad <henrik.ekblad@mysensors.org>
     * Copyright (C) 2013-2015 Sensnology AB
     * Full contributor list: https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/graphs/contributors
     * Documentation: http://www.mysensors.org
     * Support Forum: http://forum.mysensors.org
     * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
     * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
     * version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
     * REVISION HISTORY
     * Version 1.0 - Henrik Ekblad
     * DESCRIPTION
     * Example sketch showing how to control physical relays. 
     * This example will remember relay state after power failure.
     * http://www.mysensors.org/build/relay
     */ 

#include <MySigningNone.h>
    #include <MyTransportNRF24.h>
    #include <MyTransportRFM69.h>
    #include <MyHwATMega328.h>
    #include <MySensor.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

#define SN "Relay Outlet"
    #define SV "1.0"

#define NODE_ID 19

#define RELAY_PIN  3  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for first relay (second on pin+1 etc)
    #define RELAY_CHILD 1 
    #define NUMBER_OF_RELAYS 1 // Total number of attached relays
    #define RELAY_ON 1  // GPIO value to write to turn on attached relay
    #define RELAY_OFF 0 // GPIO value to write to turn off attached relay

// NRFRF24L01 radio driver (set low transmit power by default) 
    MyTransportNRF24 radio(RF24_CE_PIN, RF24_CS_PIN, RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW);  
    //MyTransportRFM69 radio;
    // Message signing driver (none default)
    //MySigningNone signer;
    // Select AtMega328 hardware profile
    MyHwATMega328 hw;
    // Construct MySensors library

MySensor gw(radio, hw);
    MyMessage msg(RELAY_CHILD, V_STATUS);

void setup()  
    {   
      // Initialize library and add callback for incoming messages
      gw.begin(incomingMessage, NODE_ID);
      // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
      gw.sendSketchInfo(SN, SV);

gw.present(RELAY_CHILD, S_LIGHT);

digitalWrite(RELAY_PIN, RELAY_OFF);

pinMode(RELAY_PIN, OUTPUT);
    }

void loop() 
    {
      // Alway process incoming messages whenever possible
      gw.process();
    }

void incomingMessage(const MyMessage &message) {
      // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
      if (message.type==V_STATUS) {
         // Change relay state
         digitalWrite(RELAY_PIN, message.getBool()?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);
         // Store state in eeprom
         //gw.saveState(message.sensor, message.getBool());
         // Write some debug info
         Serial.print("Incoming change for sensor:");
         Serial.print(message.sensor);
         Serial.print(", New status: ");
         Serial.println(message.getBool());
       } 
    }

Logs:

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read and forward: 255-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    WARNING:mysensors.mysensors:Error decoding message from gateway, bad data received: 

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=bc:0
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    WARNING:mysensors.mysensors:child_id 1 already exists in children, cannot add child

• Plugin Developer

You need to add this to the end of setup function:

gw.send(msg.set(0));

The warning in the log is due to the node and child is already loaded from the persistence file, when you start the node and present the child to the gateway. This doesn't matter, as long as you haven't changed the child type. If you want to start with a clean sheet, you can delete the persistence file, restart hass and start the node.

You can also try the example sketch that I linked to above. I added the example sketches to the mysensors documentation at home-assistant.io to make it easy to get going and test each mysensors component. When you see that the example sketch is working, you can modify it to your preference.

• @martinhjelmare

Martin, I've added that line and now i can see the sensor as a switch on my HA web interface. The thing now is, when I trigger the switch from OFF to ON, the serial gateway sends the information to the node but the switch come back to OFF state. This is what i'm seeing on logs

NFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:No sketch_name: node 19
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:read: 19-19-0 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:1
    INFO:homeassistant.components.mysensors:Adding new devices: <Entity Relay Outlet 19 1: off>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=None, new_state=<state switch.relay_outlet_19_1=unavailable; friendly_name=Relay Outlet 19 1 @ 2016-06-06T13:53:25.968979-03:00>, entity_id=switch.relay_outlet_19_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=None, new_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; auto=True, friendly_name=all switches, hidden=True, order=0, entity_id=[] @ 2016-06-06T13:53:25.981643-03:00>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; auto=True, friendly_name=all switches, hidden=True, order=0, entity_id=[] @ 2016-06-06T13:53:25.981643-03:00>, new_state=None, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=None, new_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; auto=True, friendly_name=all switches, hidden=True, order=0, entity_id=('switch.relay_outlet_19_1',) @ 2016-06-06T13:53:26.018724-03:00>, entity_id=group.all_switches>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state switch.relay_outlet_19_1=unavailable; friendly_name=Relay Outlet 19 1 @ 2016-06-06T13:53:25.968979-03:00>, new_state=<state switch.relay_outlet_19_1=on; V_STATUS=on, battery_level=0, child_id=1, device=/dev/ttyUSB0, friendly_name=Relay Outlet 19 1, node_id=19 @ 2016-06-06T13:53:26.042212-03:00>, entity_id=switch.relay_outlet_19_1>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state group.all_switches=unknown; auto=True, friendly_name=all switches, hidden=True, order=0, entity_id=('switch.relay_outlet_19_1',) @ 2016-06-06T13:53:26.018724-03:00>, new_state=<state group.all_switches=on; auto=True, friendly_name=all switches, hidden=True, order=0, entity_id=('switch.relay_outlet_19_1',) @ 2016-06-06T13:53:26.070897-03:00>, entity_id=group.all_switches>

this is what i see when i press the switch from HA web interface

INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=homeassistant, service_data=entity_id=switch.relay_outlet_19_1, service=turn_off, service_call_id=3055117168-3>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=switch, service_data=entity_id=['switch.relay_outlet_19_1'], service=turn_off, service_call_id=3055117168-4>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=3055117168-4>
    INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=3055117168-3>
    INFO:homeassistant.components.http:"POST /api/services/homeassistant/turn_off HTTP/1.1" 200 -
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:n:0 c:0 t:3 s:9 p:send: 0-0-19-19 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:0

Thanks!

• I had the same issue but adding this in the sensor config will make it work:

optimistic: true

I think is related to the fact that your node is not sending confirmation after assigning the new value (activating /deactivating the relay).

• Plugin Developer

Yes, @Dave-Dan is correct. Look at the example sketch, in the end, you'll see that the node sends confirmation of the updated state back to the gateway and controller.

• I've got an updated relay+button script at home that fixes this issue. I'll post it after work for anyone else who may need it.

• @Dave-Dan @martinhjelmare

Guys, I've changed that configuration and it perfectly works !!!
    Now I'm going to automate all the house... 😉

Thanks for all the support and patience.

• @drock1985, please can you share it?

Thank you.
    Antoni.

• @anarro

I looked for the sketch the other night and I must have not backed it up on my laptop. I'll see if I can find it in a backup on the weekend/recreate it.

• Guys, I'm adding this info to the thread just in case that someone may get this useful.

This is my final sketch:

/**
     * repeater and gateway builds a routing tables in EEPROM which keeps track of the
     * Full contributor list: https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/graphs/contributors
     * REVISION HISTORY
     * DESCRIPTION
     * Example sketch showing how to control physical relays. 
     * This example will remember relay state after power failure.
     */ 

#include <MySigningNone.h>
    #include <MyTransportNRF24.h>
    #include <MyTransportRFM69.h>
    #include <MyHwATMega328.h>
    #include <MySensor.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

#define SN "Living Foot Lamp"
    #define SV "1.0"

#define NODE_ID 19

#define RELAY_PIN  3  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for first relay (second on pin+1 etc)
    #define RELAY_CHILD 1 
    #define NUMBER_OF_RELAYS 1 // Total number of attached relays
    #define RELAY_ON 1  // GPIO value to write to turn on attached relay
    #define RELAY_OFF 0 // GPIO value to write to turn off attached relay

// NRFRF24L01 radio driver (set low transmit power by default) 
    MyTransportNRF24 radio(RF24_CE_PIN, RF24_CS_PIN, RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW);  

// Select AtMega328 hardware profile
    MyHwATMega328 hw;

// Construct MySensors library
    MySensor gw(radio, hw);
    MyMessage msg(RELAY_CHILD, V_STATUS);

void setup()  
    {   
      // Initialize library and add callback for incoming messages
      gw.begin(incomingMessage, NODE_ID);

gw.sendSketchInfo(SN, SV);

gw.present(RELAY_CHILD, S_LIGHT);

gw.send(msg.set(0));

}

void loop() 
    {
      // Alway process incoming messages whenever possible
      gw.process();
    }

void incomingMessage(const MyMessage &message) {
      // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
      if (message.type==V_STATUS) {

// Change relay state
         digitalWrite(RELAY_PIN, message.getBool()?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);

// debug info
       } 
    }

I'm not finished my board, but here are some pictures showing how I assembled all the pieces

Video: Show how is The Relay is Working

0_1465425941601_IMG_7045.JPG
    0_1465426184864_IMG_7047.JPG
    0_1465426518825_IMG_7048.JPG

• @anarro

Hey, I am going through and upgrading my nodes to 2.0 Beta; the same 'bug' exists there so I had to patch it to work with HA.

Use this code from the 2.0 Beta. Basically all you have to do is tell the node to broadcast its state on receipt of message. This works from both the button and the HA web interface.

/**
     * REVISION HISTORY
     * DESCRIPTION
     * Example sketch for a "light switch" where you can control light or something 
     * else from both HA controller and a local physical button 
     * (connected between digital pin 3 and GND).
     * This node also works as a repeader for other nodes
     */ 

// Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG 

// Enable and select radio type attached
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    //#define MY_RADIO_RFM69

// Enabled repeater feature for this node
    #define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE
    #define MY_NODE_ID 4
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensor.h>
    #include <Bounce2.h>

#define RELAY_PIN  3  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for relay 
    #define BUTTON_PIN  6  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for button 
    #define CHILD_ID 1   // Id of the sensor child
    #define RELAY_ON 1
    #define RELAY_OFF 0

Bounce debouncer = Bounce(); 
    int oldValue=0;
    bool state;

MyMessage msg(CHILD_ID,V_LIGHT);

void setup()  
    {  
      // Setup the button
      pinMode(BUTTON_PIN,INPUT);
      // Activate internal pull-up
      digitalWrite(BUTTON_PIN,HIGH);

// After setting up the button, setup debouncer
      debouncer.attach(BUTTON_PIN);
      debouncer.interval(5);

// Make sure relays are off when starting up
      // Then set relay pins in output mode

// Set relay to last known state (using eeprom storage) 
      state = loadState(CHILD_ID);
      digitalWrite(RELAY_PIN, state?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);
    //  send(msg.set(1));
    }

void presentation()  {
      sendSketchInfo("Lamp", "1.0");

// Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
      present(CHILD_ID, S_LIGHT);
    }

/*
    *  Example on how to asynchronously check for new messages from gw
    */
    void loop() 
    {
      debouncer.update();
      // Get the update value
      int value = debouncer.read();
      if (value != oldValue && value==0) {
          send(msg.set(state?false:true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
      }
      oldValue = value;
    } 

void receive(const MyMessage &message) {
      if (message.isAck()) {
         Serial.println("This is an ack from gateway");
      }

if (message.type == V_LIGHT) {
         // Change relay state
         state = message.getBool();
         send(msg.set(state?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF));
         // Store state in eeprom
         saveState(CHILD_ID, state);

// Write some debug info
       } 
    }

• @anarro

Awesome! Thanks mate

• @drock1985

I tried your sketch mate but I still can't see my relay node in the webif.
    Binary sensors work great but I can't get the the relay node to work.

Node serial

Starting repeater (RNNRA-, 2.0.0)
    TSM:INIT
    TSM:RADIO:OK
    TSP:ASSIGNID:OK (ID=7)
    TSM:FPAR
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=bc:
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    TSP:MSG:FPAR RES (ID=0, dist=0)
    TSP:MSG:PAR OK (ID=0, dist=1)
    TSM:FPAR:OK
    TSM:ID
    TSM:CHKID:OK (ID=7)
    TSM:UPL
    TSP:PING:SEND (dest=0)
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    TSP:MSG:PONG RECV (hops=1)
    TSP:CHKUPL:OK
    TSM:UPL:OK
    TSM:READY
    NODE:!REG
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:0100
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:2.0.0
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:0
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=4,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:Lamp
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1.0
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:
    Request registration...
    TSP:MSG:SEND 7-7-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:2
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-7 s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    Node registration=1
    Init complete, id=7, parent=0, distance=1, registration=1

The sketch is the same I just changed MySensor.h to MySensors.h and the NODE ID to 7,

HA log
    16-07-30 11:21:15 homeassistant.components.mysensors: update sensor_update: node 7

• Plugin Developer

@adrian

No value is sent for the light in the log. Home assistant needs at least one value to show the device in the gui.

In 2.0.0 setup is called before presentation, and the node is not registered on the gateway until after presentation. The node is not allowed to send regular messages until it's registered. This logic flow makes it hard for controllers that need an initial value. You have to make sure to send the value at least once in the loop. I would try to do this specifically and separate from the normal flow of the loop.

In the dev branch of mysensors setup is called after registration, so there you could send the initial value in setup.

• @martinhjelmare
    For now I should send the state msg from the loop?
    Can you share one of your sketches?

Thanks a lot

• Plugin Developer

@adrian

I would try something like this:

/*
     */

// Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG

// Enable and select radio type attached
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    //#define MY_RADIO_RFM69

// Enabled repeater feature for this node
    #define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE
    #define MY_NODE_ID 1
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensors.h>
    #include <Bounce2.h>

#define RELAY_PIN  5  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for relay
    #define BUTTON_PIN  3  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for button
    #define CHILD_ID 1
    #define RELAY_ON 1
    #define RELAY_OFF 0

Bounce debouncer = Bounce();
    bool state = false;
    bool initialValueSent = false;

MyMessage msg(CHILD_ID, V_STATUS);

void setup()
    {
      // Setup the button
      pinMode(BUTTON_PIN, INPUT_PULLUP);

// After setting up the button, setup debouncer
      debouncer.attach(BUTTON_PIN);
      debouncer.interval(10);

// Make sure relays are off when starting up
      // Then set relay pins in output mode

// Set relay to last known state (using eeprom storage)
      state = loadState(CHILD_ID);
    }

void presentation()  {
      sendSketchInfo("Lamp", "1.0");

present(CHILD_ID, S_BINARY);
    }

void loop()
    {
      if (!initialValueSent) {
        Serial.println("Sending initial value");
        Serial.println("Requesting initial value from controller");
        request(CHILD_ID, V_STATUS);
        wait(2000, C_SET, V_STATUS);
      }
      if (debouncer.update()) {
        if (debouncer.read()==LOW) {
          state = !state;
          send(msg.set(state?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        }
      }
    }

void receive(const MyMessage &message) {
      if (message.isAck()) {
         Serial.println("This is an ack from gateway");
      }

if (message.type == V_STATUS) {
        if (!initialValueSent) {
          Serial.println("Receiving initial value from controller");
          initialValueSent = true;
        }
        // Change relay state

state = (bool)message.getInt();
        // Store state in eeprom
        saveState(CHILD_ID, state);

// Write some debug info
        Serial.println(message.getInt());
      }
    }

Node serial log:

Starting repeater (RNNRA-, 2.0.0)
    TSM:INIT
    TSM:RADIO:OK
    TSP:ASSIGNID:OK (ID=1)
    TSM:FPAR
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=bc:
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    TSP:MSG:FPAR RES (ID=0, dist=0)
    TSP:MSG:PAR OK (ID=0, dist=1)
    TSM:FPAR:OK
    TSM:ID
    TSM:CHKID:OK (ID=1)
    TSM:UPL
    TSP:PING:SEND (dest=0)
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    TSP:MSG:PONG RECV (hops=1)
    TSP:CHKUPL:OK
    TSM:UPL:OK
    TSM:READY
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:0100
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:2.0.0
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=1,st=ok:0
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=4,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:Lamp
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1.0
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:
    Request registration...
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:2
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    Node registration=1
    Init complete, id=1, parent=0, distance=1, registration=1
    Sending initial value
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:0
    Requesting initial value from controller
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=2,t=2,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Receiving initial value from controller
    Incoming change for sensor:1, New status: 0
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:1
    This is an ack from gateway
    TSP:MSG:SEND 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1
    Incoming change for sensor:1, New status: 1
    TSP:MSG:READ 0-0-1 s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0
    This is an ack from gateway
    Incoming change for sensor:1, New status: 0

Btw, message.getBool() always returns 0 in my tests, so I switched to message.getInt() in the sketch above. Can anyone confirm that message.getBool is working in 2.0.0?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics