I need a guidance :)

• hi my friends
    i am beginner in programming . (i worked with arduino In very simplistic before)
    I built some sensors from mysensors and control them with vera edge . this was Interesting for me .but i just copy and paste your codes without understand it ! now , i like learn all of mysensors library and functions until I can programming with mysensors library... so , where I can found learning about all functions mysensors?

also i like control mysensors with a specific controller . a free controller (with raspberry pi) and free app . a control without flawless.
    i know mysensors is Compatible with some controller ! but i am weak in english and check all of controller is Time-consuming . so i want to help me that i choose a controller that :
    free
    setup by raspberry pi
    Independent of any body and company
    Independent of any webserver and work local access (normally) and remote access(with IP static) in other means a specific access.
    a free app (now and in future"always") and Interesting
    full Compatibility with mysensors devices

i dont like continue my devices with vera controller because this is dependent to vera controller and vera webserver and vera app . . . so i want full Independent . i want dont worry in future ( dont support plugin with vera , close app and other . . . )

so please help me to choose a full controller ( if there is ! ) for begin and build my smart home
    thank you very much

Hi @Reza you can have a look at the API pages to see what is going on and how it works. V2 is not long released so they are still filling out some of the information there, it is still a good place to start.
    The forum is a great place to find information on how to use different sensors, here the search feature is your best friend. Use it and you will find many different projects and ideas, I find looking at other peoples code a great way to learn . Most people who submit their work for others to see do it to try and give something back to the MySensors project and are more than happy to explain what is going on in their code. If you find something you don't understand just ask politely and you will soon be enlightened.
    Another good place to look are the examples that come with MySensors.

AS for controllers I have only used Domoticz but I am sure many of the others listed work well too.

Domoticz will do all the things you have listed above. I have mine installed on my Synology NAS but as you can see it can run on many operating systems including the pi. It is under very active development and is a popular choice for a controller.

Others may be able to give you more advice on controllers.

• @Boots33
    thank you my dear friend for guidance me ❤
    I don't know how use mysensors library ! i need to a list of full functions + user manual (explain about each functions) . so i know functions of mysensors library and i use for my projects
    so is there a full user manual ?

about controller
    this controller have a free app for android and ios ? Producer this app dont have any control on this app ? for example with come next version , old version fail unless pay cost. also for controller and codes .
    about bugs! there are any bug in this controller? for example in vera , serial gateway have a bug, when power off and on again , fail configuration serial gateway in vera...

this controller (Domoticz) work with all of devices (mysensors) ? or have need to build plugin for each devices ? because i am beginner 🙂

so you offer me , use a Domoticz controller ? so with this controller i can have a free smart home for always ? without any Cost now and in future ?

thank you for help me

@Reza said:

so is there a full user manual ?

There is no complete manual. As an open source project all of the work done is by volunteers. so you may have to dig around a bit to find what you need.

about controller
    this controller have a free app for android and ios ? Producer this app dont have any control on this app ? for example with come next version , old version fail unless pay cost. also for controller and codes .

It does have third party apps available. Just do a search for domoticz on the relevant app store to see what is available

about bugs! there are any bug in this controller? for example in vera , serial gateway have a bug, when power off and on again , fail configuration serial gateway in vera...

All software will have bugs at times and domoticz is no different. As they make changes, add new features this sometimes will introduce bugs. Importantly it is under active development so most major bugs are fixed quickly.

this controller (Domoticz) work with all of devices (mysensors) ? or have need to build plugin for each devices ? because i am beginner 🙂

As far as I am aware it supports most if not all of MySensors V2 data types and sensors

so you offer me , use a Domoticz controller ? so with this controller i can have a free smart home for always ? without any Cost now and in future ?

As I said I have not tried any of the other controllers. I needed a controller for MySensors and Domoticz was the first one I tried so I may change to something else later. You need to find a controller that is right for you, this may be Domiticz or it may not. The only way to tell is to try a few different ones and see which you like best. Many are after all free so it will cost you nothing but your time .

• @Boots33
    hi , very thank you my dear friend
    i setup a domoticz window and use domoticz app for test (next time i will use a raspberry pi)
    but i have some question
    how i can remote access with ip static ? is this setting correct ?(pic 1) even i use port HTTP 8080 but dont work
    0_1473675717814_photo_2016-09-12_14-50-09.jpg

second question : imperihome app work with windows domoticz ?

Third question : domoticz app dont auto update devices state?for example motion sensor , every time motion is sense dont show in app unless Handy refresh

thank you for answer ❤

• @Boots33
    domoticz which devices supported from mysensors? ir , relay , motion , temp , gas and. . . ?
    domoticz have a advanced scenes for devices ? with if , else , repeat and . . . ?

Sorry @Reza as I explained I have not done much with Domoticz, I needed a controller for MySensors and chose it because it seemed to be a popular choice. It does support scripting via both Blockly and LUA so is quite flexible in that regard.

Scenes are also supported. As to the mobile apps I have not used any of them so can't be of much help there i am afraid. The best place for info and to ask questions about Domoticz would be on the Domoticz forums

The sensors that are supported can be found on the Domiticz MySensorsBase file

• @Boots33 thank you very very much my dear friend ❤

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics