PG320240 LCD

I got my hands on a PG320240WRF-MNN LCD. Looks like this:

http://www.scancraftdisplay.se/File/Powertip/PG320240WRF-MNN-HQ.pdf

WP_20141010_001.jpg

It relay big and now I was wondering if it would be possible to hock this one up to one of them LCM1602 I2C interfaces. Here is the pinout of the LCD:

LCDPins.jpg

I cant seem to find a good source of information for the LCM1602 I2C interface but I guess this could be done right?

• Mod

@korttoma said:

LCM1602

The LCM1602 contains just an 8bit I/O expander for i2c bus.
    You can drive the LCD directly from the Arduino or through this i2c expander.

According to the datasheet the PG320240WRF-MNN uses the OKI MSM6778b and MSM6779b IC's to control the display.
    You will be looking for an Arduino driver implementation for these IC's, or you'll have to implement it by yourself...

I guess that will be the challenge, not using the LCM1602

@Yveaux Thanks for your reply.

The only 2 IC's I can see on the board are IT7001M ( Programmable 8-Bit Binary Counter ) and a LA6324N ( Quad Operational Amplifier ). Could not locate the MSM677** that was mentioned in the datasheet. Maybe my display is missing some part.

WP_20141013_004.jpg

I did take it apart even further but all the components can be sen from this picture.

Anyhow, I was hoping this would have been a simple plug and play but it seems like I'm wrong. I'm not prepared to invest allot of time to "MySensor" this display but if anyone is interested to do the heavy lifting I do have a few of them so I can provide the hardware.

• Mod

@korttoma said:

I did take it apart even further but all the components can be sen from this picture.

Then you're the proud owner of probably the first LCD display controlled completely by a counter and op-amp!

No, just kidding. According to the datasheet there should be some OKI tiles somewhere, or maybe some blobs of resin somewhere on the back?

@Yveaux said:

there should be some OKI tiles somewhere, or maybe some blobs of resin somewhere on the back?

I dug a bit further and under some green tape I found something:

WP_20141014_005.jpg

WP_20141014_007.jpg

So I guess these might be the LCD controllers then.

Anyway, if someone feels like sinking their teeths in one of these let me know.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics