Landis & gyr infrared energy meter reader

• Here is my job for reading energy meter Landis & gyr by infrared Arduino and MySensors.
    Work with arduino mega but i have one with software serial work on arduino uno, nano etc. the schematic is on github.

github

• @sullivan-buchs how did you get 7e1 mode on an uno working?
    I have some Energy Meters working with Meter-Bus and the IEC1107 protocol. Couldn't find a proper working software lib for serial communication. I solved the problem using the hardware Serial ports on my Mega.

• @sullivan-buchs - I've had a look at github but can't find an explanation for how it works. As a newbie to mysensors can you explain how you 'read' the meter?

• @zookazim
    Hi as the below circuit shows, the sensor read the electricity usage form the meter via IR, the meter have a Ir LED that transmit the usage, this can be picked-up/read with a IR receiver LED/transister. this is via the electrically circuit providing the data to the Arduino, this can if the protocol is correct, convert this to useful data

https://github.com/prophetmaster/landisgyre350/blob/master/images/Arduino-IR-Collision-Detection-Module-Pin-Outs.png

• Hello, please, can you help me edited for my electricity meter? I use Nodemca v3 and IR receiver and transmitter. Trying to use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/prophetmaster/landisgyre350/master/landisgyr no mysensors/landis.ino, but without defining IR TX and RX I can't compile it.

VAROVÁNÍ: Falešný .ci adresář 'MySensors' v knihovně
    VAROVÁNÍ: Falešný .mystools adresář 'MySensors' v knihovně
    VAROVÁNÍ: Falešný .ci adresář 'MySensors' v knihovně
    VAROVÁNÍ: Falešný .mystools adresář 'MySensors' v knihovně
    C:\Users\BeliveIT\Documents\Arduino\mysensor_landis_gyr\mysensor_landis_gyr.ino: In function 'void setup()':

mysensor_landis_gyr:54:3: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

Serial1.begin(IRSERIALSPEED, IRSERIALCONF);

^

C:\Users\BeliveIT\Documents\Arduino\mysensor_landis_gyr\mysensor_landis_gyr.ino: In function 'void loop()':

mysensor_landis_gyr:73:5: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

^

mysensor_landis_gyr:85:5: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\BeliveIT\Documents\Arduino\mysensor_landis_gyr\mysensor_landis_gyr.ino: In function 'void serialEvent1()':

mysensor_landis_gyr:102:10: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

while (Serial1.available()) {

^

exit status 1
    'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

• @Sullivan-Buchs thanks for your code, quiet unique piece. The only working one I found!
    I changed the hardware a little to use the TX led from the same sensor board.
    Sended a pull request, if you prefer to adopt it.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics