Just starting SerialGateway & Temp/RTC Node Not getting Node ID.

• More questions now that I have my radios hooked up.

First what is inclusion mode? I am only seeing a reference to it in the serial gateway and the description in the API seems to indicate that the button and extra leds are optional.

The answer to that might answer my second question.

On my Serial Gateway sketch = https://codebender.cc/sketch:89540

I keep getting this message

0;0;3;0;9;read: 255-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0:
    255;255;3;0;3;

And on my Node Sketch = https://codebender.cc/sketch:89536

Sending Temp
    req node id
    send: 255-255-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,st=ok:
    T: 73.40

So it looks like my node is never getting a node ID but I don't know how to go about fixing it.

Both the gateway and Node are currently running on Unos. Both devices are being powered by USB currently since I'm still prototyping. The Node is going to be hooked up with 9V and the Gateway is going to continue being USB powered for now.
    I'm using code bender to program them so I'm assuming it is using the latest libraries.

• I was able to get it working by creating the I_ID_RESPONSE message manually and entering that via the serial gateway. Is this expected? I had assumed that the gateway code would respond with the next free Node Id? 1-254 (assuming the gateway is 0 which it appears to be for me.

• Admin

@Chaotic

No, it is the controller that selects id:s. If gateway would hand out id we would have to implement even more "commands" between GW/Controller. E.g. "remove device" etc. Doa ble but gateway is very memory strained already.

• Hey there @Chaotic ! This is Fay from codebender.cc Thank you for using codebender! I just wanted to let you know that one of the sketches you are using in this comment has been deleted and so it is not available for users to view it. Let me know if you have any question. 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics