Arduino NANO: NRF24L01 + ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield problems

• Hi,

I have a little project as following:

2 arduino nano's, both with a NRF24L01 module, the first one is used as a transmitter (it transmits data from an ultrasonic sensor), the second one is used as a transceiver. I have both arduino's working, and they 'communicate' well with each other.

Now I want to add a ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield to one of the Nano's, so the received values can be sent to the internet... But, When I add the shield on my nano, it goes wrong.. I don't receive any data anymore...

I connected the nano and the NRF24L01 module as follows:

3,3V & GND
    SPI: pin 11, 12, 13
    CS: 5
    CSN: 6

I don't know what the problem is...

• Anyone???

• Admin

You might be taking out too much power from the 3v3 line. Try powering the enc-module separately.

Also, do you have the SPI pins hooked up correctly? Typically these ethernet shields do not play nice with other SPI devices on the same SPI bus. You may have to use SoftSPI and move the NRF24 module to other pins. Search for SoftSPI on the board and you should find details.

Cheers
    Al

PS There's a great write-up on the shield here: http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/arduino/arduino-enc28j60-ethernet/

• Before I can do a test with the SoftSPI, I have another problem;

Before this, I worked with two Arduino NRF24L01+ 2.4GHz Wireless Transceiver Modules, And that worked (except with the ENC28J60 Ethernet shield). Now I changed one of these modules with another module "NRF24L01+PA+LNA SMA Antenna Wireless Transceiver communication module 2.4G 1100m" So the new one has an external antenna to increase the range.. The problem is that I have no more communication between these two modules... what's wrong here?? I haven't change the code

@BramWerbrouck Take a look at this thread for some troubleshooting ideas: http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/311/radio-problems

Cheers
    Al

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics