Repeater node showing temp on lcd?

• I had a plan to use 2 arduino's for showing temperature of hot water boiler tank, one on the roof with the temp probe, and the other one inside the house near the switch of the boiler with the lcd showing the temp, and nrf24l01 to communicate.

Meanwhile waiting for the order to arrive from aliexpress i found your great site and decided to combine this sensor into my future home automation.
    The issue is how can I program the lcd unit to recieve the temp from the roof show it and also send it to the gateway downstairs? I thought maybe I'll use it as a repeater node for the whole floor but i need to filter the correct data to show on the lcd from all the (future.. ) nodes in this floor .
    Any suggestions or past example projects?

• Admin

You have a few options.

Either you can send temp directly from the sensor node to the lcd node using msg.setDestination(lcd_node_id) .
    Or push/send it from the controller to the lcd node at some interval. How to do this differs between controllers.

There is also the option of requesting values... But I use is sparsly as I don't like polling.

• ok lets say that ive sent the temp with msg.setDestination(lcd_node_id) to the repeater node with the lcd connected.
    how do i recieve it on the node? is there a command for storing this temp to variable or something?

• Admin

You have to use the receive-function. There are several examples (I.e. RelayActuator) that uses it.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics