This is driving me nuts :-)

• Hi,

I have a problem, hope you can help...

I have been playing with arduino for a long time and got a Vera Light last year... And this weekend i decided to play with them both 🙂

I have tried both the serial and ethernet gateway (with Mega, Uno and Nano, only the Uno on serial), im sure that the NRF24L01 are working and are wired correctly (SPI on 5,6 also tried 9,10), but with the RF24, gettingstarted i get fine ping/pong results. And everything seemes fine on the Vera (i had some trouble getting it to update what Lib version i was using).

But when i set the Vera's MySensor plugin to start inclusion, nothing, and i have triede many thing... So what to try next? One thing i dont understand is when i use sketches that are doing serial.printf, noting is showing in the serial monitor???

Hope to get some help 🙂

Regards,
    Jan

• Admin

Use
    "Serial.println" in your sketch and remember to set the correct baud rate in the Serial Monitor.

http://www.mysensors.org/build/debug#monitoring-the-debug-logs

• Admin

Jan, which version are you using?

• Hi,

Eg in the humiditysensor sketch there is already Serial.println("Failed reading temperature from DHT");
    But nothing at all is showing in the serial monitor (also tried different baudrates)... I'm using Plugin version 1.3 and Arduinolib is 1.3b3 (7afb55c)

• Hi,

Just got me a new nrf24l01 with external antenna, and now it works 🙂 I have triede about 5-6 "normal" nrf24l01, but this one did it all 🙂
    So with debug enabled on the sensors, i finally get logs like this...

Started sensor.
    Relay=0, distance=1
    Radio id stored in EEPROM was: 1
    Relaying message back to gateway.
    Tx: fr=1,to=0,la=1,ne=0,ci=255,mt=0,ty=17,cr=198: 1.3b3 (7afb55c)
    Ack: received OK
    Tx: fr=1,to=0,la=1,ne=0,ci=255,mt=4,ty=7,cr=137: 0
    Tx: fr=1,to=0,la=1,ne=0,ci=255,mt=4,ty=14,cr=152: Temperature Sensor
    Tx: fr=1,to=0,la=1,ne=0,ci=255,mt=4,ty=15,cr=2: 1.0
    Tx: fr=1,to=0,la=1,ne=0,ci=255,mt=4,ty=13,cr=73:
    Message available on pipe 1
    Sent ack msg to 0
    Rx: fr=0,to=1,la=0,ci=255,mt=4,t=13,cr=152(ok): M
    Message addressed for this node.

• Admin

Did you put a capacitor on radio?

• Yep tried with decoupling capacitor, i didn't had 4,7 at home but tried with 2,2 and 10, nothing, Triede with 2 uno, one mega and one diecimila and 2 nano's and 11 nrf24l01 (one with external antenna). And no matter what i try, i can only get 3 boards/antenna's to work... So i have ordered some new antenna's and will buy 4,7 decoupling capacitor's soon...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics