gateway wont recieve new sensors

• i have a domoticz v2.3530 controller on Rpi2, attached to serial gateway -(sparkfun redboard with nrf24l01+ ) by usb.

i have run some tests with domoticz on my pc before i installed the Rpi environment, and for now i have a humidity sensor - original sketch from mysensors library (v1.5) on original arduino uno with DHT22. this sensor runs very well from a distance of about 12 meters.

now the problem is when i tried to add more sensors, the domoticz log doesnt show them - for example when i power up-down the working sensor - i see its sketch version presenting on the log and of course the values coming some time away.

i tried to replace nrf with the working sensor and it didnt fix it - the working sensor worked fine with the second nrf.
    the problematic sensors are 2 redboard with nrf, running original humidity sketch and original repeater sketch.

i thought maybe its a different channel on the nrf but i didnt know how the change it and all the boards were uploaded with original sketeches from the same library version from the same computer. and also i can see them talking on the serial monitor on my pc:

REPEATER:
    req id
    send: 255-255-170-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=fail:
    repeater started, id=255, parent=170, distance=255
    req id
    req id

HUMIDITY:

req id
    send: 255-255-169-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=fail:
    sensor started, id=255, parent=169, distance=255
    req id
    req id
    req id
    req id
    req id
    T: 13.30
    req id
    H: 79.20

also, ive double checked the wiring on the nrf - all fine.
    my boss is asking when will the system be online and im stuck with strange problems...
    maybe there is some wrong data in the eeprom of these boards? i think i used them in one of my trials of domoticz.
    i saw someone saying that domoticz doesnt accept a sensor until it sends values, but i think that first i need to see the sketch version of them on the log of domoticz.

thank you all

• Did you add Decoupling-Capacitor to the nrf power lines? See here

• Admin

@abrasha said:

my boss is asking when will the system be online

Boss == Your wife?! 😉

The radio does not carry any updatable firmware by itself.
    If you aren't receiving anything, you probably have a bad radio/powering/wiring.

• Boss = real boss at work.
    It's for a notification system at a long greenhouse with mainly humidity sensors and simple switch sensors for tracking problems on some devices.

I didn't add the capacitor because i have a same setup that's working, and i tried even with distance of 2 meters. But I can still test it. However i saw that when i unplug one wire from the nrf, the serial monitor on arduino ide showed error, and again i double checked the wiring again. At some stage i accidentally replaced the 12/13 but im after it now...

• Have you tried this way?

• (SOLVED)
    PROBLEM CAUSE: some sort of unclear data in the memory of the board(sparkfun redboard), i think..
    SOLUTION: uploading mock-sensor sketch and afterwards the wanted sketch

i soldered the de-CAP and tried within 2 meters range, but it didnt change.
    than i got back to my office and uploaded serial gateway sketch to one board while the other board was still with repeater sketch.
    the serial gateway showed correct log at the IDE like in the thread that Wijbe-Fryslan mentioned, but the repeater still didnt receive its data.
    than i uploaded mock-sensor sketch to the second board and than the data appeared at the serial gateway log.
    so i did the same procedure of uploading mock sketch , and than uploading the wanted sketch for each board (repeater and humidity) and went to the controller to check it and it worked!! thanks to the new original domoticz app i could check the log online for "sketch version" lines and afterwards i did reception distance metering with battery powered repeater node.
    now all is working fine but there is something that disturbs me - the domoticz log showed same node number for the repeater and the new humidity sketch. is that ok? or i should define manual node number inside the sketch?

HUGH THANKS TO EVERYBODY

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics