[SOLVED] Just started, but already stuck

• Hi,

First off, i really like the concept of MySensors, and wondering why i didn't find you guys earlier 😉

So i wanted to start right away, i ordered the RF modules and a NODEMCU, and also order 4x sensbender micro.

Programming the NODEMCU worked fine. (i followed the following manual: https://www.mysensors.org/build/esp8266_gateway )

i soldered the sensbender, and wanted to load the default sketch on it.
    here is where all the problems started.

it kept complaining that it was missing library's......
    so i removed the mysensors lib (master) and installed the one through the library manager of arduino.

New try: again same result.
    The lib i was missing first was: si7021.h

with some googleing i found a i2c library with the one included, but it was called: i2c_si7021.h
    i thought: lets give it a try, and now i get a different error, stating it is missing more:
    sha204_lib_return_codes.h

Here i stopped, as i think i'm simply missing a load of librarys.

Then i checkout codebender.cc
    i personally hate online programmers of hardeware as usually libraries and drivers are 1 big hell.

But when setting up codebender i noticed that i cannot select the sensbender as a board, i tried some others but i didn't get it to work.
    Am i doing something wrong? how can i get my sensbender up and running?

does it have to do with version 2.0?

@nick-van-alst With earlier versions of MySensors they included all the external libraries needed for the example sketches. With version 2 these are no longer included in the package but are still available Here

You will find the libraries you need there.

• Admin

@nick-van-alst
    MySensors Micro is available through the board manager nowadays.

Follow the instructions here:
    https://github.com/mysensors/ArduinoBoards

• @Boots33 said:

@nick-van-alst With earlier versions of MySensors they included all the external libraries needed for the example sketches. With version 2 these are no longer included in the package but are still available Here

You will find the libraries you need there.

Thank you! that is exactly what i need!

@hek said:

@nick-van-alst
    MySensors Micro is available through the board manager nowadays.

Follow the instructions here:
    https://github.com/mysensors/ArduinoBoards

Yeah, for my local arduino IDE i got the board, but on codebender.cc it is not available .
    But as it looked the libraries were available on codebender.cc

So that was my issue, i either had a IDE with support for MySensors micro but no libs, or a IDE without support for the micro but with libraries......

i will test tonight with the git!

• Admin

Codebender has never had the Sensebender/MySensors Micro board among their standard boards.
    It would require us (the MySensors project) to pay codebender to get it in. Which isn't an option right now.

• @hek said:

Codebender has never had the Sensebender/MySensors Micro board among their standard boards.
    It would require us (the MySensors project) to pay codebender to get it in. Which isn't an option right now.

and i completely understand that 😉

that is one of the reasons i normally like the "offline" IDE's those services always need to earn money on something. and with arduino you at leased know it is based on donations/boards selling.

i was just a bit scared that i needed to use codebender.cc inorder to get the libraries working, but as Boots33 stated, they seem to be on git!
    Perhaps a good idea to link to that git as well on the mysensor micro instruction page!

• Thank you guys, its all working now!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.