MySensors - HUE bridge
A bridge between the (Philips) HUE bridge and the MySensors network. Have MySensors controlled by HUE and add MySensors lights to the HUE system
A while ago a did a major investment in a HUE (Philips) hub and some peripherals. This system works with Zigbee protocol and is not compatible with MySensors. I like the way HUE handles colors (xy space, hvs and color temp) and the dimmer switches which are "harvesting" the energy i.s.o. using a battery.
The API for the HUE system is made public available and is rather well documented. There are a few controllers which support the API but this is a fun project and exercise for working with the ESP8266 and color handling/ conversion.
What is needed:
- an ESP8266 board (NodeMCU / WeMos)
- a HUE bridge (and possibly some lights/ switches)
- a MySensor system and controller (best one which can connect multiple gateways)
a few libaries:
- ArduinoJson (for exchanging information with the Hue bridge)
- FastLED (just because It is great and contains some many color manipulation routines)
- The library and sketches in my Github - AWI_MySensors_HUE
In the main sketch you need to change the IP's of your controller and Hue bridge and other settings for your Hue bridge.