RFM69cw loses connection

• I have an Arduino/RFM 69HW gateway which talks fine to a sensor node that also uses an RFM69HW. Another node which has anRFM69CW radio gets through the find parent and presentation stages OK but the data messages are not acknowledged and whilst the senso thinks its sending the data nothing is received at the gateway. Is there anything peculiar to the RFM69CW that might cause this?

• Thre should't be... have you tried using a different radio?

• Hardware Contributor

Hello,

radio configuration is explained in docs here: https://www.mysensors.org/download/sensor_api_20#configuration

Have you setup this define (comment it or not) regarding your rfm69 module (H version or not) ??

#define MY_IS_RFM69HW

No user sketch, no logs, no hw details, no idea of which MySensors branch you use (master or dev).
    hard to say!

• Hi,
    thanks for your response. I've two boards running side by side, one with the HW radio and one with CW. the only difference between the sketches is that MY_IS_RFM69HW is commented out. all the other parameters are at their defaults. The basic setup must be OK because the first few messages get through.

I take your point about logs. I'll set the flags to get RFM69 detailed debug and see if that helps.

• Hi,
    That's what I thought. I've checked the datasheets and there appears to be no difference in the digital characteristics that would explain the problem. I will double check everything to makes sure there are no obvious errors.

• I found the problem. In an unrelated part of the sketch I was doing an analogue read from an input set up as a digital output. This apeared to generate some sort of error state that fouled up the interface between teh Arduino and the RFM69. After removing the offending statements everything works fine.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics