Apparently incomplete RFM69HW modules received



  • As my MySensors world is growing, I ordered a few more RFM69HW modules from China. When I set up a new node yesterday, I had connection issues and a closer look revealed that the modules have less components than usual:
    0_1522561615013_IMG_20180331_164958.jpg
    In comparison, this is a usual one:
    0_1522561638764_IMG_20180331_165026.jpg

    Did that ever happen to anyone? Any idea what is missing there? Anyway, keep an eye on your shipments, for me it is too late to go for a refund, as I got a few pairs from different suppliers and do not know who shipped these.


  • Mod

    Could it be they sent regular H modules? Try to compile this way and see if it works better but of course with shorter range



  • It look like the RFM69W version.
    See the different versions here: RFM69-versions



  • It indeed does. Thanks for the overview, looks different from the HopeRF website (seems to actually be the CW version). Certainly have not ordered that.

    As far as I understand, I am not allowed to user 20dBm in Germany anyway, so 13dBm isn't that bad. Will try to run it later. There are a few nodes close to the gateway for which it will be enough.


  • Mod

    Ask for refund or partial refund.



  • @gohan Can't, as I said I don't know from which of multiple shipments it came. Only noticed when I used it.


 

393
Online

7.4k
Users

8.3k
Topics

89.7k
Posts