I started out with NRF 2.4 MHz radios for my 8 nodes MySensors and Domoticz. As I also install WiFi networks for customers and have access to our equipment at work I did a measurement at home because I could not get a reliable network.
First measurement revealed that my DECT wireless phone occupied the same channel that was the default for the NRF radios. And that my neighbors run their WiFi occupying all other channels. Equipment used was Ekahau.
I tried to tweak the channels but no avail.
So, I bought new radios, RFM833, and that was the end of my troubles. For two year now my eight nodes have not skipped a beat. I measure temperature, humidity, light (lux), UV and radioactivity.
And all my WiFi at home is at 5GHz as the 2.4 was exhausted.
I have about 40 NRF radios in a box with no use for them.