ACK Timeouts

• Hello All -

I've been struggling with this issue for the past several hours. I've tried new radios, adding capacitors, switching to low power, etc (all the stuff I could find by reading) and I'm out of ideas......

Both the DallasTemp sensor and my gateway are sitting just a few feet a part on my bench. However, I often get the following when looking at the sensor's serial output. Further, this causes Vera to go to an incorrect temperature.

Any help/ideas would be great.

Tx: fr=2,to=0,la=2,ne=0,ci=0,mt=1,ty=0,cr=240: 77.3
    Ack: receive timeout
    Relaying message back to gateway.
    Tx: fr=2,to=0,la=2,ne=0,ci=0,mt=1,ty=0,cr=90: 78.0
    Ack: received OK
    Tx: fr=2,to=0,la=2,ne=0,ci=0,mt=1,ty=0,cr=178: 78.5
    Tx: fr=2,to=0,la=2,ne=0,ci=0,mt=1,ty=0,cr=8: 79.0
    Tx: fr=2,to=0,la=2,ne=0,ci=0,mt=1,ty=0,cr=167: 79.3
    Ack: received OK

• Admin

In 1.4 the ack:ing is done by the NRF-chip. You could try the new version to see if you notice any improvement.

• Mod

You could try moving one of the nodes around and see if that makes a difference.
    Try hek's solution first, but if everything else fails, you could build my sniffer and see what's going on in the air (http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/242/wireless-nrf24l01-sniffer-for-mysensors)

• Great idea on the sniffer! I have an amateur radio background as well as a lot of experience on tcpdumps/snoops/wireshark so I'm not afraid to go digging. Moving around doesn't seem to change much.

How do I know what version I'm running? I thought I downloaded the latest version already......

Thanks guys...loving this site!

• Mod

@tbully looking at the logging format you're running 1.3 which is the current stable release.
    The 1.4 beta you can find here https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/tree/development

• @Yveaux

Got it. I downloaded the beta and got the gateway going but seeing the following when trying to load the Dallas Temp Sensor:

DallasTemperatureSensor:15: error: 'Sensor' does not name a type
    DallasTemperatureSensor.ino: In function 'void setup()':
    DallasTemperatureSensor:24: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope
    DallasTemperatureSensor:33: error: 'S_TEMP' was not declared in this scope
    DallasTemperatureSensor.ino: In function 'void loop()':
    DallasTemperatureSensor:47: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope
    DallasTemperatureSensor:49: error: 'V_TEMP' was not declared in this scope
    DallasTemperatureSensor:56: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope

• Mod

@tbully The interface of the MySensors library changed quite a bit in the 1.4 version. Lookup the same example as you started off with in the 1.3 version and start again from there.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics