Node error when power via vcc/gnd, OK when using FTDI connection

• Hi,

I have a strange behaviour of the pro-mini (5v)
    When I connect to the VCC and GND on the side rows (next to A3 and D2) then I am not able to cumunicate (to Vera)
    When I connect using the FTDI or a the VCC an GDN of this connecter its working

I tested it finally using the MYSController see for the first situation I and for second II in the screen print.

Any one a suggestion what could cause this and/or how to solve this?

0_1454619006244_Knipsel.JPG

@sjoerd14 How do you power the arduino when not via FTDI? The nRF radio is very sensitive to power noise (for example from cheap phone chargers).
    Do you have a cap between radio VCC/GND?

• Hi,

I planned to use a phone checker 1A b7ut now during testing is connect in both cases using the laptop USB. The "NRF24L01+ Socket Adapter Board" from the shop to connect the radio.
    Last latest test was to add an (extra) 4.7 uF, without any diff.

I am puzzled about the fact appertly the MYSCONTROLER receives the other messages. Why only an issue with the TX messages?

I am wondering if vcc from the fdti and the other vcc pins are directly connected on the board?

Thanks for your help.

• Mod

You could measure the resistance between gnd on the side and gnd on the ftdi header. It should be 0 (or at least very close to 0). Then do the same for the two Vcc pins.

• Mod

@sjoerd14 According to the official Pro Mini schematics (https://www.arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/Arduino-Pro-Mini-schematic.pdf) all VCC pins are connected.
    The RAW pin is a different story. This input is fed through a voltage regulator to create 5V on VCC.
    For a clone the schematic might be slightly different (e.g. SJ1 I have never seen on a clone) but function of VCC & RAW pins should be identical.

• @mfalkvidd, I checked using the multimeter. In diode mode, I have 400 ohm between fdti and vcc. When powered a 0.4v drop.
    So both vcc's are not direct connected.

Still strange it works OK with the 4.4v on the radio and not with 4.9
    At least we have now an idea what
    It's a deek robot clone.
    https://arduino-board.com/boards/dr-pro-mini

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics