#error No forward link or gateway feature activated.

• Hi,

Just started with MySensors, ordered a bunch of nrf24l01+ and now im trying to get things working.

When i try to upload a sketch in Arduino 1.6.7 i get the following error message.

In file included from /home/wilco/stack/documents/arduino/libraries/MySensors/MySensor.cpp:21:0:
    /home/wilco/stack/documents/arduino/libraries/MySensors/MySensor.h:285:4: error: #error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.
    #error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.
    ^

can someone tell me the soluction? i didnt see this in any documentation

Regards,

• Admin

You must either define a radio type or gateway type.

You probably commented away one of them from the examples.

• Hi

@hek said:

You must either define a radio type or gateway type.

You probably commented away one of them from the examples.

Where can i find this? can you give me a example?

• Admin

There are numerous examples in the "examples" folder under the MySensors library.

• @hek said:

There are numerous examples in the "examples" folder under the MySensors library.

Yes i know, but all the examples are giving the same issues.
    So i miss something

• Admin

Hmm.. not sure what you could have done wrong. Have you mixed downloaded versions or something?

• @hek said:

Hmm.. not sure what you could have done wrong. Have you mixed downloaded versions or something?

Nope, fresh install of everything.

But.... im not sure if i must make some changes on MyConfig.H on old movies from youtube i see some settings which are not in MyConfig.H, See also no documentation so i assume it is not needed to make some changes to this file

• Admin

No, all configuration can be controlled from sketch nowadays. So unless you want to change something globally for all sketches (like frequecy etc.) you can just set it in sketch.

• @hek said:

No, all configuration can be controlled from sketch nowadays. So unless you want to change something globally for all sketches (like frequecy etc.) you can just set it in sketch.

Oke, where can i find those settings? because i dont know which settings are needed to get it working.

i ḿ playing with this file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mysensors/Arduino/development/libraries/MySensors/examples/RelayActuator/RelayActuator.ino

• Admin

You must have done some changes. Latest compiles fine here on my computer.

• @hek said:

You must have done some changes. Latest compiles fine here on my computer.

i only did a clone of the repo and copy all libraryś to my librarys dir

#include <MySensor.h>

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}

Gives also:

In file included from /tmp/arduino_c2cf6ad24e4a2a0e97af5bb50875ab91/sketch_feb04b.ino:1:0:
    /home/wilco/stack/documents/arduino/libraries/MySensors/MySensor.h:285:4: error: #error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.
    #error No forward link or gateway feature activated. This means nowhere to send messages! Pretty pointless.
    ^
    exit status 1
    Error compiling.

• Admin

Strange.

Just downloaded 1.6.7 (only difference from your setup). The RelayActuator sketch compiles just fine there as well.

• @hek said:

Strange.

Just downloaded 1.6.7 (only difference from your setup). The RelayActuator sketch compiles just fine there as well.

i still think i need some parameters/settings somewhere..
    get a exit status 1 because of the No Forward link message

edit:

When i use version 1.4 of MySensors i dont have the error message and compiles goes fine

• Admin

The RelayActuator is working as-is. No more configuration is needed to make it compile.

• I am having the same problem did you ever resolve it?

• @mike Hi, no didnt find any fix for this.
    But on my Macbook everything works fine, the problem is only on a 32 bits linux machine.

• @Wilco-Eliveld
    I think I found it. while learning Arduino IDE I had several copies of Arduino.exe installed in different locations. Short cuts link to different folder exe's and each folder had it's own librarys.
    the compiler was confused as to where to get it's include files. I am still wondering what the logic is as to where it looks. But I cleaned up the other libraries and deleted and re added the short cuts now it works correctly. As always when trouble shooting we spend hours on things that didn't work but only seconds on the actual fix.

• On development, I've this problem too...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics