Does Domoticz Support scene controllers?

• Hi,

I've been thinking about coming back to Domoticz as my home controller recently and have setup a couple of test devices on a spare PC I have running right now. I have a scene controller built from here https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/3128/slim-node-scene-controller-keypad/17 that I want to use. Domoticz sees the device under the Hardware---->Setup area but doesn't let me add it to my system. Does Domoticz support scene controllers or is it something special with this system?

Thanks,

• Contest Winner

@drock1985 Hello my friend,

Domoticz support scenes, so you should be able to add a scene controller. I'm not 100% sure how @Awi made the controller, but if I'm not mistaken he runs Domoticz as well.

So the trick is, creating a controller which is actually nothing more than a multiple switch node. In Domoticz you should see the individual switches an you should be able to add each individual switch.

From there on it's just a matter of connecting the right scene to the right button in Domoticz and you're good to go.

• hi,

+1

we can launch scenes with everything (motion sensors, door lock, zwave remote, etc..)
    you can juste make a multi switch node, and add them to activation list on domoticz's scenes. easy

• @TheoL @vil1driver

Ok, so from what I am understanding the sketch I would make would just be an array of switches for the sketch on the 16 keypad I have? Or is there a way to link the scene controller to the swtich/group?

sorry for the newbish question. So far Scene Controllers have been the hardest thing for me to implement (for some strange reason).

• @drock1985 You have an array of switches and then you use LUA or Blockly in Domoticz- I have implemented for example to switch on/off the scenes by a small if Blockly statement

• Hardware Contributor

@alexsh1 said:

@drock1985 You have an array of switches and then you use LUA or Blockly in Domoticz- I have implemented for example to switch on/off the scenes by a small if Blockly statement

Hi, I don't understand why you need a script/blocky event for this ?
    The "Activation Devices" part in configuration of the scene/group should work fine, no ?

• @Nca78 I have not seen your sketch, but assuming you have a standard scene controller sketch, there will be new switches coming up in Domoticz under "Devices" as soon as the connection is made. Say, you have four switches and you can switch them on/off. How do you switch a light in the living room then? One of the ways to do that is to have a Blockly script stating if Switch 1(scene controller) is on, switch on the living room light, if Switch 1 (scene controller) is off, switch off the living room light.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics