Repeater Node Question

• Hi,

I would like to add a repeater Node to my Network and I would like to know a few things:

MY_PARENT_ID for the repeater node is the gateways ID, right? So which MY_PARENT_ID will the repeated Nodes have? The ID of the Repeater Node?

Does someone have an example sketch of a repeater node for me?

Thanks in advance!

• Mod

@siod yes, your assumptions are correct.

There is no example sketch for a repeater node because it only needs to contain a single define. You can add this define to any sketch. If the node uses sleep you will need to change sleep to wait, so the node stays awake. See https://www.mysensors.org/download/sensor_api_20#create-repeating-nodes for details.

• @mfalkvidd great, thanks for your quick and short answer! 👍

• one more question: that´s what I have so far, is this all? I think I´ve read somewehere that there must be a special command included and I also read this:

// Repeater Node1, Repeater Nodes starten bei ID 50
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24 //MySensor Library auf NRF24 Funkmodul einstellen, muss vor MySensor.h Initialisierung geschehen
    // Define Node ID
    #define MY_NODE_ID 50
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC
    #define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE

#include <MySensors.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

//Messages

//Presentation; present sensors to gateway!
    void presentation(){
      // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
      sendSketchInfo("Repeater Node 1", "1.0");
      wait(500);
    }

//Setup
    void setup()  
    {  

}

//Starte den Loop
    void loop() 
    {

} 

*Handling incoming radio messages
    Nodes that expects incoming data, such as an actuator or repeating nodes, must implement the receive()-function to handle the incoming messages. Do not sleep a node where you expect incoming data or you will lose messages.

void receive(const MyMessage &message)
    message - The incoming message data*

where do I have to add this?

@siod What you have above is all you need for a repeater node. if you also have sensors/actuators on this node that are expecting to receive data then you will need to add the receive function. have a look at the RelayActuator example to see how it looks.

the lines below are not mandatory for a repeater either but of course you can use them if needed

#define MY_NODE_ID 50
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC

• ok, thanks for clarifying this!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics