MySensors USB GW

• Hello,

I have several GWs in Domoticz. However, only one (MySensors Gateway USB
    Version: 2.1.1) never shows up its version in "Domoticz - Hardware" unless I press reset button on Moteino.

This is a Moteino Mega with a trace antenna connected to Raspberry via TX/RX.

All other GWs (ethernet ones) are working flawlessly. Just to summarise, when Domoticz is rebooted, only one USB GW shows "?" in the version section. When I press the reset button, the version comes up as 2.1.1. Upgrading to 2.3.0 does not help - any idea how this can be corrected please?

• Just a quick shot, might not be right:
    Perhaps this type of hardware is "too fast" in sending in data over serial?
    Try adding a short wait() or sleep() in before() to make sure your controller is already up and running when presentation() is gone through.
    Or call an additional presentation() from controller side (don't know whether domoticz supports this).

• Mod

@alexsh1 what tty names do your gateways use? Domoticz is very picky about the naming.

ls  /dev/tty*

will list the ttys.

• @mfalkvidd Yes, I have gone through that. Domoticz does not recognise tty if it does not like it. I have

/dev/ttyAMA0

• @rejoe2 Interesting. I'll try it

• Mod

@alexsh1 if there is only one tty, linux has only found one of your usb gateways. Unless linux finds the gateways, there will be no way for Domoticz to talk to them.

• @alexsh1 I'll bet you are using a Raspberry pi 3.

• @mfalkvidd said in MySensors USB GW:

@alexsh1 if there is only one tty, linux has only found one of your usb gateways. Unless linux finds the gateways, there will be no way for Domoticz to talk to them.

As basic communication seems not to be an issue (beside the version information that per default only is included in presentation()), especially when rebooting the mc, imo this isn't a problem on the Pi side. It's just the mc booting much faster than the controller...
    As there's no USB-Serial converter in the setup @alexsh1 uses, the mc will not be reset when communication is (re-) startet from controller side - imo that's all.
    Some explanation, might be of interest for future discussions on that: I had comparable "problems" using a Pro Micro as a GW; this mc also will not be reset when USB communication is reconnected. Most likely also other mc's providing direct USB communication (e.g. STM32F1xx) will show similar behaviour.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics