RFM69 custom frequency

• Hi,
    For the pupose of testing, I would like to set up an additional gateway and I want this to be set at a different (custom) frequency to keep it seperated from my existing Mysensors network. All my RF modules are RFM69HW.

It seems to be possible to set a custom frequency with the new RFM69 driver, but I'm not sure how to actually implement it in the sketch. Advice appreciated.

• Mod

Welcome to the MySensors forum @olka
    Use
    #define MY_RFM69_NETWORKID number
    where number = 0-255

MY_RFM69_FREQUENCY is also available, but is only used to select different bands (433 and 868 for example).

• Thanks, and thanks for the tip, I will try to use MY_RFM69_NETWORKID.

• @mfalkvidd said in RFM69 custom frequency:

Welcome to the MySensors forum @olka
    Use
    #define MY_RFM69_NETWORKID number
    where number = 0-255

MY_RFM69_FREQUENCY is also available, but is only used to select different bands (433 and 868 for example).

Is this current info? I haven't tried it, but the API doc (RFM69 new driver) refers to "Custom frequency in Hz":

#define MY_RFM69_FREQUENCY (RFM69_868MHZ)
    The frequency to use.

RFM69_315MHZ
    RFM69_433MHZ
    RFM69_865MHZ
    RFM69_868MHZ
    RFM69_915MHZ
    Custom frequency in Hz (new RFM69 driver only). <------------------------ NOTE
    See also
    MY_RFM69_NEW_DRIVER

• Mod

@grubstake yes it is still current info and works both for the new driver and for the old driver, which is used by default (and what OP asked about)

If you are using the new driver you can set the frequency in hertz if you want to.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics