In case someone has similar issue:
Running everything latest up to date.
Raspberry pi zero w with nrf24 connected directly on GPIO and domoticz. Had to have startup delay on mysgw service since domoticz wouldn't or couldn't start automatically on boot.
So i added to:
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/mysgw.service
Maybe 10 seconds is overkill, but at least it works now.
With raspberry pi 3b+ there wasn't that issue.
Also in domoticz had to use raspi ip address, when setting up mysensors LAN gateway address, instead of localhost 127.0.0.1
And myscontroller OTA updates are working too.
I was wondering about the lengths for the antennas mentioned on this page.
For 868Mhz is mentioned a length of 82.2 mm on this page. The length most often mentioned over the internet - as first result of the 1/4 wave calculation - is 86,5mm.
Searching a little deeper through the internet, i found that the antenna should be "a little shorter". Then they end up with around -1cm shorter or something around or more.
One page mentioned the physically effect that the wave is moving in chopper around 5% slower as the theoratical speed. If i substract 5% of 86,5mm i end up with the here mentioned 82,2mm.
I was very suprised about the different "approaches" for such a basic thing as antenna length every single . As most of the application over the internet seem to work somehow with all that different lengths, it seems to be just a fine-tuning thing.
Anyway, i think it would be nice to mention this details here because most people will wonder about the 82,2mm in the first view...
My next issue is the humidity seems to be off. It has read as high as 115% humidity. Is this normal or should I be considering a correction? If so, how would I enter a correction. Its a little odd considering it states that the accuracy is much tighter than that.
@lood29 That is correct, assuming the same radio technology is used. Typically, you set up a separate gateway because you want to run a sensor network on a different radio family due to longer distances or similar.
I also found the logparser did not handle certain log entries, such as the logfile produced by the mysensors gateway on raspberry pi, e.g. prefixed with timestamps, etc.
Opened pull request to improve this, comments welcome, especially if you are able to test this locally (only need to copy the Logparser directory and open logparser.html locally in a browser):
zerog2k created this issue in mysensors/MySensors
improve logparser for 2.x log format
@Yveaux said in Battery Powered Sensors:
.... All was ok, so what did you change (and why)
A the very beginning, hesitating with the procedure, I've probably burnt the Minicore bootloader in the programming ProMini without noticing it... That's the only explanation I see.