long-term usage of nRF24L01+ with PA: no reliable transmission

• Hello,
    I use several nRF24L01+ with PA to transmit sensor data to a central arduino node. I use the library "RF24.h" // http://tmrh20.github.io/RF24.. The arduinos send one package of sensor data once a day. I noticed that everything runs fine for ca. 8 weeks, then there is a mixture of failed and successful transmissions (most fail but some are OK). I tried to change frequency and power and data rate but nothing helps. A reset of the arduino does not help. You need to switch off power to reset the transceivers. I use a Wireless Module Socket Adapter Board, which is already equipped with the needed condensators and the modules are separately powered by 3.3 V. The modules are not original ones but came from banggood.

I would like to know if other people have experience with long term usage of the modules - I tried several modules and they all are not reliable.

I suggest you post photos of the radio modules that you're using. That way others who have used the same modules are more likely to respond.

• IMG_7171.JPG
    this is a picture of the used RF module and the adapter

• Maybe try E01-ML01DP5 Long Range SPI nRF24L01P 2.4Ghz 100mW SMA Antenna IoT Wireless Transceiver

After several years of usage, i can tell i sometimes need to reboot a node after several weeks or months… hard to tell why because i don’t have logs and when node is restarted usely everything works well.

On some nodes i have setup a routine to reboot once a day; difficult to have clues if this is far better or not.

Sometimes, you can have the case where your node finds an unusual « parent id » because the regular parent is not responding so
    if you are confident with your topology gateaway and repeaters then you can #define the prefered parent id of each node
    especially if some repeaters have a better antenna than others

@hlehoux said in long-term usage of nRF24L01+ with PA: no reliable transmission:

Maybe try E01-ML01DP5 Long Range SPI nRF24L01P 2.4Ghz 100mW SMA Antenna IoT Wireless Transceiver

^^^This.

Or, based on your description, use a load switch, like a MOS tube, to completely turn-off power to your transceiver when not in use, and then turn it back on just prior to use. It shouldn't be necessary, but sounds as though it would work for your hardware if nobody has any further answers for you. Good luck!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics