How to verify that ethernet gateway is working without sensors

• Hi,
    I just built my first ethernetgateway on a Arduino Nano and W5100 ethernet and i have not yet got more components to build any sensors:(

Are there any way to verify that the gateways ethernet and radio is working without having a sensor?

I plugged in the ethernet cable and im able to ping the ip address configured for it, are there any other useful tests that can be done or i have to wait until i can connect a sensor to it?

//Mathias

• Connect to it and send:

0;0;3;0;2;

it should respond with something like:

0;0;3;0;2;1.4.1

(that is: "What's your version?" "1.4.1")

• That seems to work fine and i have also received some radios to build my first sensor but im stuck and im not really sure how to troubleshoot it.

I have my ethernet gateway can can connect to with myscontroller and putty to test to send commands.

And i have also built a simple door sensor but i cannot see any communication. How could i start to trouble shoot if it is the gateways radio or something with the sensor or both?

//Mathias

• Contest Winner

Have you looked at the serial output of the sensor node? Maybe start there and post what you see.

• I get this from my sensor:

sensor started, id 255
    req node id
    send: 255-255-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:

Does the st=fail mean that it doesnt send it or its just a part of the message sent so i can start troubleshoot the gateway?

//Mathias

• WHOO Everything seems to be working now:)

//Mathias

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics