Conecting two things to one Arduino pin (GND/VCC)

• This seems like a silly question...but is there an easy way to connect two or more things to a single pin on the Arduino??

• Mod

@naveen Depends on what you want to connect to a single pin...
    You can e.g. easily connect a led and button to a single pin, e.g. http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/1wledsw.htm

hello, I pin one male on the top of a female nd this is fine.

another way is the 2.1 input which has 4 or 5 vcc/gnd if you use it to power a mini pro

• @epierre

Can you explain this in a bit more detail (both methods), I'm not sure I understand

I'm essentially trying to connect a sensor (motion) and radio to the same VCC or GND pins on the pro mini.

@naveen said:

I'm essentially trying to connect a sensor (motion) and radio to the same VCC or GND pins on the pro mini.

So you are asking about soldering more than one item to power and ground?

When spaghetti wiring, if the wires don't all fit in the APM's hole, I've been known to use a short bare wire (surplus component lead) soldered to the PCB and other device wires soldered along its length. Other than mounting the APM on another board with additional power/ground holes, I'll be curious if others have a more elegant solution.

• @Zeph

What is APM? Isn't the maximum one thing connected to either power or ground since there is only one pin for each?

I was thinking about doing something like you do, but was hoping there would be something more elegant. Are you not worried that the bare wires will touch other pins, etc.?

@naveen said:

What is APM?

Arduino Pro Micro. Sorry, sometimes I spell it out, but we use the term a lot here.

Isn't the maximum one thing connected to either power or ground since there is only one pin for each?

No, there's not one to one association of that sort. For i/o pins you have to take some care not to try to drive too much output load, or let different inputs fight with each other, but for power and ground that's not the issue.

Well, you do have to keep the draw on the regulated power reasonable - often they are spec'd at about 150 ma (including the on board load for microcontroller, LED, powered outputs, etc), but that can vary.

I was thinking about doing something like you do, but was hoping there would be something more elegant. Are you not worried that the bare wires will touch other pins, etc.?

Yes, I only do that when I have a mounting situation where it's OK. And I might coat it with Liquid Electrical Tape in a few cases. AND - I too wouldn't mind learning a more elegant solution.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics