Ethernet gateway and inclusion button not working

• Contest Winner

So I've finally had the time, to build an Ethernet gateway. I just the Arduino Ethernet shield. I had an official Arduino laying around do nothing.

Now everything works okay, except for the inclusion button. It's connected to pin 3. I measured the switch which works okay. According to the sketch it should print some debug info when pressed. But I don't see anything in the serial monitor. The led's are working okay. So I'm wondering if I missed a configuration setting.

No I don't need the button at the moment. Because Domoticz doesn't support it. But I'm planning on making a wooden case so that it looks good in our living room. It's either that or removing the gateway to the basement 😉

Also another Domoticz specific question. What is the best migration plan, when going from a serial to a ethernet gateway? For sensors it isn't a back problem I can replace them with the ethernet variant. But for switches and lamps it looks like I have to check every scene and lua script that uses them.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics