Problems programming my pro minis [SOLVED]

• So I ran into a snag this morning. I made the blunder of connecting my FTDI programmer to my garage door node backwards. It looks like I fried that programmer and possibly the pro mini. I didn't figure it was a huge setback as I had a few more pro minis and I had a different USB to serial cable that I got with my raspberry pi kit. To test the USB to serial cable I connected it to my gateway, hit the reset button and saw:

6/25/2016 17:23:53	RX	0;0;3;0;9;gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    6/25/2016 17:23:53	RX	0;0;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.

I figured this was a good sign. I had communication. I then tried connecting to a new pro mini and uploading my sketch and I keep getting:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x10

It goes through attempt 1 - 10 and errors out completely.

I then thought of trying to program it through my UNO board. I connect GND - GND, +5V - VCC, TX - TX, and RX - RX. Still unable to upload to the pro mini. I even tried it with TX - RX and RX - TX, and still nothing working. I tried uploading directly to the UNO and that worked fine.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this?

Not sure what the problem is but I have had similar error messages in the past. Usually it was because I had the wrong board or com port selected.

• So with a little playing with the continuity tester I found a loose connection. I am not sure yet why I cannot do the upload with the UNO, but I got it to go with the serial adapter.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics