Getting !TSF:ASID:FAIL,ID=0 Error In 2.0 Beta

• I just changed over to an Ethernet gateway and things are working except when I try to use my old Serial Gateway. The gateway I used for almost a year is a 5V pro-mini, worked great. I used a UNO for my Ethernet gateway and would like to use my old gateway as a temperature sensor. I cleared the eprom and loaded the same sketch I'm using on 3 other temp sensors but so far no matter what I do I get the following error. The other temp sensors are a Nano and 2 UNO's.

MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RNNNA--,VER=2.0.1-beta
    TSM:INIT
    TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    !TSF:ASID:FAIL,ID=0
    TSM:FAILURE
    TSM:FAILURE:PDT

A NANO with the same Sketch starts up with this.

MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RNNNA--,VER=2.0.1-beta
    MCO:BGN:BFR
    TSM:INIT
    TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    TSF:ASID:OK,ID=1
    TSM:FPAR
    TSF:MSG:SEND,1-1-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=bc:
    TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-1,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    TSF:MSG:FPAR RES,ID=0,D=0
    TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=0,D=1
    TSM:FPAR:OK

Right now I have everything the Vera and all the other sensors on my workbench so everything is really
    close. Any ideas?

• Mod

@RWoerz for some reason the node is not happy with its assigned id. https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/666/debug-faq-and-how-ask-for-help/4 has a link to information on how to read the debug output.

Do you plan to use this node as a serial gateway still, or do you plan to use it as a node that connects to your ethernet gateway?

• I plan to use it as a sensor to that talks to the ethernet gateway. Thanks for the help I'll you know.

• Admin

@RWoerz The node that fails has previously been used as gateway (ID 0). You can either define a static ID or clear the eeprom using the MySensors clear eeprom sketch, and have the controller assigning a new ID.

• I cleared the memory but not it seems with the MySensors Sketch so it didn't clear everything out. I ran the MySensors sketch today and everything works thanks.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.