RPI + ESP8266

• Hi All!

I am totally new to MySensors. I already have a home IOT smart house network with my own HW and SW, but would like to migrate to a better supported/organized scheme.

To begin with I have just a few questions.
    Can MySensors work ONLY with RPI(as a controller) and ESP8266 (as sensors)?

I would run Domoticz on RPI... is there something else that sould run on RPI? What would the gateway be in this case?

I can not find any example code for ESP8266 sensors. Can you point me to the right direction where I can find some.

Thank you very much!
    CRF

• Mod

@CRF yes you could run a home automation system with a raspberry pi as controller and esp8266 gateways with locally attached sensors, assuming you have reliable wifi coverage everywhere you want to put sensors.

I use the Domoticz raspberry pi image which includes some other nice tools such as Node Red.

Each esp8266 could then be a gateway. All gateways must be added to Domoticz.

There are no esp8266 sensor examples. But there are no Arduino Uno examples either. Most sensor examples can be run on any mcu.

• Thank you for the explanation. That is good news.

Where did you find the whole Domoticz image for RPI? I can only see the installation package on Domoticz page.

• Mod

@CRF interesting. Domoticz seems to have removed support for the image. This old page had information https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/index.php?title=Domoticz_RaspberryPi_SD_Image&oldid=216&diff=prev

I guess installing by running

sudo curl -L install.domoticz.com | bash

is the way to go nowadays.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.