Open/closed instead of on/off, Payload

• Hi

I have trouble finding the right info about switch type for a door reed switch.

I have a node that detects door state and lock state.
    However they both shows up in Domoticz as on/off, not open closed.

But in many Mysensors/Domoticz screenshots I see logs that has the words open/Closed instead.

I thought Iwould find the info here.
    https://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_20
    But that did not help.

So where do I find info on this subject?

This could also be a Domoticz question but I havent found a Switchtype in there that helps me with this.

• Mod

@popunonkok I think you need to present the sensor as S_DOOR. See https://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_20#presentation
    That's what the door/window/button example uses.

@popunonkok as @mfalkvidd has said you should use S_DOOR you may also need to change the switch type in Domiticz

go to the switches panel and locate the switch you want to change. Click on its edit button
    0_1488492755485_door.jpg

When you are in the edit screen for that switch you can change its type by clicking the drop down list. In this project I use a reed switch to see if the garage door is closed and I used Door Contact for the type. Make sure you click save before you exit the edit screen.

0_1488493013832_edit.jpg

• HMmmm...

I have presented the Switch as s_door.

present(PRIMARY_CHILD_ID, S_DOOR);

My Message looks like this:

MyMessage msg(PRIMARY_CHILD_ID, V_TRIPPED);

I sould have written this in my first post but it was a quick post, sorry about that.

However, in Domotics i don't get Door Contact as Switch type, only Contact.
    When I chose Contact, it says Open/Close but then I dont get to choose Icon, it only shows to arrows.
    So to chose Contact kind of solved my problem but I like my Door Icon. =)

I see that @Boots33 uses V3.6765. I guess thats a Beta. I only uses Stable versions so the latest is v 3.5877

I Guess that it could be a new switch type but I would guess not. The strange thing is that I see that the switchtype Contact is not avalible on @Boots33 screen shot.

Thanks anyway for both answers.

@popunonkok said in Open/closed instead of on/off, Payload:

However, in Domotics i don't get Door Contact as Switch type, only Contact.
    When I chose Contact, it says Open/Close but then
    So to chose Contact kind of solved my problem but I like my Door Icon. =)

I see that @Boots33 uses V3.6765. I guess thats a Beta. I only uses Stable versions so the latest is v 3.5877

I Guess that it could be a new switch type but I would guess not.

Could be because I am on the Beta I suppose. although the project I linked to is nearly 12 months old and I am pretty sure I had the door icon from the start. Is there any other Domoticz users that can confirm if they have the same menu as me. I could have selected some custom icons I guess but I can't remember doing that.

I dont get to choose Icon, it only shows to arrows.

When I select Door Contact I do not get to choose the icon either. it just uses the door icon

The strange thing is that I see that the switchtype Contact is not avalible on @Boots33 screen shot.

There is a Contact type 2 positions up from door contact on my menu.

This may be best chased down on the Domoticz forum

• @kimot
    Im using custom icon for my door, however, you can't use custom icon for the switchtype contact. At least not on v3.5877

@Boots33
    Sorry didn't see the Contact type 2 positions up.
    I see that the Door Contact has a lock on its icon. How does it look when your pysical door is open? Just gray?

@popunonkok Like this

0_1488612357340_Screenshot (47).jpg

• @Boots33
    One more question: The closed door with a lock symbol. Is that door just closed or closed AND locked?

I will probably wait with this main question since it seems to be related to an beta update.

@popunonkok The closed door with lock is what it shows for a closed door. As far as i know there is no way to indicate just closed without the lock. Just the two icons for open and closed. Why they chose to put a lock on it I am not sure

• @popunonkok
    You can choose "Door Lock" switch type and change icons for this switch.
    I think, it is possible change any icons in domoticz.
    Simply go to "www/images" folder, load your own icons and rename it to door48open.png and door48.png.
    Or do the same for contact48.png etc.
    I will try it when I come at home.

@kimot can you confirm that you have Door contact and Door Lock types available from your drop down menu? Are you on a stable release or a Beta of Domoticz

• @Boots33
    "Door Lock" only. I am using stable releases.

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.