Response from the Ethernet Gateway.

• Hello.

Using mysensors version 1.4 and Arduino 1.5.8.

I’m working on a Ethernet gatway to domoticz. A run in to problems when implementing the V_DIMMER type. I have implemented a button in the sketch to make it possible to change the dim level from a light button. When sending new dim level from domoticz to the sensor (Dimmer) it works great. The sensor responds back with its actual dim level.
    But when changing the dim level from the button and sending the new dim level to domoticz the gateway responds whit the old dim level. This makes my LED to fade back to the old dim level.

This is whats happens in chronological order.

Sending the new level using
    gw.send( dimmerMsg.set(currentLevel),false );

Sensor Log(Dimmer):
    send: 55-55-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=3,pt=2,l=2,st=ok:0

Gatway Logg:
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 55-55-0 s=0,c=1,t=3,pt=2,l=2:0
    55;0;1;0;3;0

Sensor Log(Dimmer):
    read: 0-1-55 s=0,c=1,t=3,pt=0,l=3:60 (Where is this coming from?? 60 is the last known value in the gateway)

Gatway Logg:
    0;0;3;0;9;read: 55-55-0 s=0,c=1,t=3,pt=2,l=2:60

Why does the gateway responds with its old value?
    This will repeat when sending new dim level from the sensor. But if sending from the controller (domoticz) the gateway will use that dim level instead of the 60 as in the example.

Best regards
    Andreas

• Admin

Hmm.. so 60 is transmitted to sensor.. but you don't see any Send from gateway?

Sure you don't have some other sensors/gateway in the radio network?

• Hello.
    I’m sure there is no other sensor network around.
    No I can’t see anything telling me that the gateway will send a response.

Dose the Gateway store the last sent value sent to the DimmableLEDActuator?
    It only happens when the dimmableLEDactuator changes the value and sends it to the gateway.It seams that the gateway responds with the last value that was sent from the gateway? It responds even when ack is set to 0.

Best regards
    Andreas

• Admin

Nope.. it does not store anything. And you don't seem to have ack enabled in your gw.send call either.

• Hello.
    Thanks for all the fast responses.
    I will look at my gateway code and see if I have missed something.
    Best regards
    Andreas

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics