How to measure remote voltage from anamometer

• Greetings
    I have a Adafruit anamometer that outputs (0.6 for 0mph to 2.0 volts for 100mph). I currently am using a Dht22, nrf24l01, arduino nano to measure the temperature/ humidity remotely. I have a setup that works great but it is wired. How hard would it be to achieve this wirelessly with the nrf24l01? I suppose a type of remote voltage reader so to speak.
    Tnx in advance

Ricvice *****

• bolded text*****

• Mod

Welcome to the forum @ricvice

How hard depends on your experience level, your willingness to read and how fast you learn. Those are all individual traits.

I found it quite easy when I started with MySensors 5.5 years ago.

If you haven’t already, start here: https://www.mysensors.org/about/iot

This sketch might be useful to build on: https://github.com/mfalkvidd/arduino-plantmoisture/blob/master/arduino-plantmoisture.ino

• @ricvice My first venture was to monitor my greenhouse temp and humidity remotely. I did this using the tmrh nrf24l01 library for arduino and displayed it on an lcd. screen.

If all you want is a display for the items you mention then this would be the cheapest option (and simplist once you understand the tmrh library).

Mysensors is better if you want to add more things in the futurem but you will need to make a gateway and have a controller to make it work.

Best thing is to spend a weekend going through this site and thinking about what you want and making a decision based on your own requirements.

• @ricvice Thanks for all of your ideas. I am a retired Electrical engineer and understand electronics and sensor technology and usage, however I am fairly new to Arduino and C++ programming. I'm good with the other wireless temp/humidity mentioned earlier . The anamometer uses a DC voltage output that is not pulsed aka reed switch or hall but in a since voltage output proportional to rotation of the anamometer cups via generator type. The wired sketch that I'm using uses A1 analog in 1 on UNO and outputs to a 1602 lcd.so I suppose my question is would using the working sketch with a1 input( minus the display coding)and adding Nrf24l01 for the transmitter and then a receiver using the code with the display coding ( minus the A1 input coding) and another nrf24l01 for receiving be the direction I need to go? I've looked for a similar project/ sketch but have not found any
    Tnx,

• @ricvice You have reached the 'interesting' point now. You have the hardware, you sort of know what you want, but need to learn how to do it. We have all been there!

So start with a clear idea of the system. Where are the displays going to be etc.
    Then try to make it work. Start off with simple sketches that do things like measure analog voltage (see battery powered sketch) This will be useful for the wind speed.

Then look at the 'build' section at the top of this page for temp sensor. Again, try it and see how it goes. Gradually things will become clearer and you will be able to try and combine sketches into one that does it all for you. Small steps go a long way with this.

You will need to make a gateway and choose a controller to use mysensors and display data, but you can easily see graphs etc so it could be worth it for you. A simple raspberry pi 3 and a pro mini would do for controller and gateway.

If you get stuck or can't figure something out then post on here with your code and someone will help you.

IF you don't want to go the mysensors route then the arduino forum would be a better place to ask as this is really only for mysensors related discussions.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics