SerialGateway Error

• Hi
    I built a Vera Serial Gateway, uploaded the sketch, received an error Device Not Ready. Tool the gateway apart rechecked the connections. Deleted the Arduino lib and reinstalled and have it all screwed up. The new sketch has an error on compile
    Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:42:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyTransportRFM69.h:33:36: error: 'RFM69_FREQUENCY' was not declared in this scope
    MyTransportRFM69(uint8_t freqBand=RFM69_FREQUENCY, uint8_t networkId=RFM69_NETWORKID, uint8_t slaveSelectPin=RF69_SPI_CS, uint8_t interruptPin=RF69_IRQ_PIN, bool isRFM69HW=false, uint8_t interruptNum=RF69_IRQ_NUM);
    ^
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyTransportRFM69.h:33:71: error: 'RFM69_NETWORKID' was not declared in this scope
    MyTransportRFM69(uint8_t freqBand=RFM69_FREQUENCY, uint8_t networkId=RFM69_NETWORKID, uint8_t slaveSelectPin=RF69_SPI_CS, uint8_t interruptPin=RF69_IRQ_PIN, bool isRFM69HW=false, uint8_t interruptNum=RF69_IRQ_NUM);
    ^
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:43:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyTransportNRF24.h:38:30: error: 'RF24_CE_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    MyTransportNRF24(uint8_t ce=RF24_CE_PIN, uint8_t cs=RF24_CS_PIN, uint8_t paLevel=RF24_PA_LEVEL);
    ^
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyTransportNRF24.h:38:54: error: 'RF24_CS_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    MyTransportNRF24(uint8_t ce=RF24_CE_PIN, uint8_t cs=RF24_CS_PIN, uint8_t paLevel=RF24_PA_LEVEL);
    ^
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:45:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySigningAtsha204Soft.h:62:25: error: 'MY_RANDOMSEED_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    uint8_t randomseedPin=MY_RANDOMSEED_PIN);
    ^
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:46:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySigningAtsha204.h:53:20: error: 'MY_ATSHA204_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    uint8_t atshaPin=MY_ATSHA204_PIN);
    ^
    In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:27:0,
    from SerialGateway.ino:50:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/utility/LowPower.h:4:6: error: multiple definition of 'enum period_t'
    enum period_t
    ^
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:44:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyHwATMega328.h:80:6: error: previous definition here
    enum period_t
    ^
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:50:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h: In function 'void parseAndSend(MySensor&, char*)':
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:266:10: error: 'boolean MySensor::sendRoute(MyMessage&)' is protected
    boolean sendRoute(MyMessage &message);
    ^
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:53:0:
    GatewayUtil.h:118: error: within this context
    ok = gw.sendRoute(msg);
    ^
    SerialGateway.ino: At global scope:
    SerialGateway:62: error: 'RF24_CE_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway:62: error: 'RF24_CS_PIN' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway:78: error: no matching function for call to 'MySensor::MySensor(MyTransportNRF24&, MyHwATMega328&)'
    SerialGateway.ino:78:39: note: candidates are:
    In file included from SerialGateway.ino:50:0:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:94:2: note: MySensor::MySensor(uint8_t, uint8_t)
    MySensor(uint8_t _cepin=DEFAULT_CE_PIN, uint8_t _cspin=DEFAULT_CS_PIN);
    ^
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:94:2: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'MyTransportNRF24' to 'uint8_t {aka unsigned char}'
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:83:7: note: MySensor::MySensor(const MySensor&)
    class MySensor : public RF24
    ^
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:83:7: note: candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
    within this context

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.

• Looks like something in your library instalation didn't go well.

Try to completly delete it and re-install.

Do not forget to restart your IDE after

• Hi and thanks for your help, it is well appreciated. I have deleted and installed this 100 times. Found that problem and still can't get the gateway to work. I have attached a few pics, maybe I have a simple mistake that I am missing.!image.jpg

• image.jpg

• image.jpg

• Admin

Did you install the UI7 branch of the plugin?
    https://github.com/mysensors/Vera/tree/UI7

• Hi, yes I did. Then deleted them and installed them again.image.jpg

• image.jpg

• Hi Hek, I tried everything and like any computer garbage in garbage out. The U17 files worked, THANKS VERY MUCH... I tried everything delete the files, uploaded, deleted uploaded over and over. Figured in must be the nano board, replaced that and did it all over again. It all came down to the wrong upload. All working go figure. Thanks

• Admin

No problemo. Glad it works.

• @hek help...... I was stupid and tried to get the Ethernet gateway up and running, the only thing I did was change the gateway and for some reason I could not get the Ethernet gateway working so I jumped back to the serial gateway. That no longer works, on top of this I changed fireware and had to revert back to a backup? Any suggestions? The Arduino Nano sketch didn't change and I reloaded all the U17 files again. The gateway doesn't give an error it just doesn't add the sensors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. image.png
    I did notice that the lib has no version, it did have 15.

• Managed to get the serial gateway back, had something todo with the firmware update. Completed a 3rd restore and the reinstalled the firmware and another restore. Gave up on the Ethernet gateway, couldn't get it to work.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics