Arduino Mega R3 as Node/GW talking DIRECTLY to MQTT Server

• Hi everybody,

just wondering why we/you do not have a Board (f.e. Arduino Mega) which is the sensornode AND Gateway?

I have An arduino Mega setup with about 20 sensors/actuators and would like to Use "ioBroker" iobroker.net with integrated MQTT-server (-client too if you need) and would like to send messages over ethernet (w5100 ethernet board) DIRECTLY to MQTT server without using additional GW...

Can you help me to find the right way to combine MySensors Node+GW in ONE arduino Mega!

Thank you in Advance!

• you mean, no nrf module? whats the sense in using the mysensors lib? thats the "main" task (imho): creating a sensor mesh via the nrf module and channeling everthing via the gateway?

• Yes... i understand your point...

BUT

If all nodes could speak MQTT, why not to use this language and let them speak to controler (if to far away over the gateway, which is acting like a repeater)...

I did ask it, because i wanted to use sketches from mysensors combining with the (translator) GW, so i can use both (sensor node + GW) in one Box (Arduino MEGA + W5100 shield). An elt this "box" send the data via ethernet to controller using MQTT protokoll, which is the state of the art.

• @dakky

you are already using mega R3 as an client... which "language" are you using to speak to RPI? Which Broker are you using?

did you try ioBROKER?

• and how to you want to transmit any data from the nodes to your network? Wired? cables everywhere? wlan? no low power/battery + expensive in relation to the cheap nrf modules.

my gateway is conencted to the RPI via w5100 ethernet shield. My mqtt broker is mosquitto. simply and functional 😄

• so your setup is following ?

arduino Sensor node with nrf <----> arduino MEGA as GW with w5100 <--> RPI with a "server/Broker"

right?

• which sketch are u using for MEGA? can you share it or tell me the link? Have problems with my MEGA using w5100 😞

• yep, exactly

edit: have a look in the development branch of mysensors. There is a w5100Clientgateway example. I simply changed the pins for the mega and thats it.

• WHICH PINS DID you use??? thank you in advance!

• htere are NO comments about W5100...

can you please just give me your setup???

Thank you ! 😉

• @dakky said:

http://www.mysensors.org/build/ethernet_gateway read the comments

hi...couldn't find any informations about ports for mega R3... please give me your configuration... I think it will help a lot of people!!!!

Thank you!

• Not sure exactly what are you looking for...

See if this post helps with the pins.

Cheers

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics