Anyone has the setup domoticz => mqtt broker => mysensors up n running?

• I'm still struggling with myself wether to switch from openhab to domoticz.
    So i want to use my "old" infrastructure for testing purposes.

setting up domoticz itself was an easy task. But now i don't know how to continue.
    The domo documentation concerning mqtt is something near to non existent 😞

So i think the following has to be done:

• configuring mqtt broker in domo
      i think i did that (settings => hardware => mqtt ethernet)

• convert mysensors serial API messages to domo readable json messages
      uh .. quite hard imho? node red magic?

example (freestyle, nonvalid :D)
      incomging message:
      mysensors-gw-out/12/6/1/0/0/36.5 => domoticz/in/{ "idx" : 12, "nvalue" : 0, "svalue" : "36.6"}

quite confusing ...

• Well i have switched to Domoticz also this week because I had problem with OpenHAB's GUI.

If I understand you correctly. You want to use MQTT also as you have done in OpenHab. I wanted that too but in Domoticz you have a hardware Controller for Mysensors. You will find it in the same list where you chose MQTT. It is names MySensors ... LAN. Something like that.
    But first flash the ethernet gateway example intead of the MQTT one. Configur your ip and port as you will add them in domoticz.

To test. Restart a node and you shall find a new device added in devives tab.

• hmm i've seen that, but i'd prefer the mqtt way: I have some scripts measuring some stuff besides my mySensors network. And these scripts just send simple mqtt messages to the external broker and are consumed by openHab

EDIT: Hmm ... this mqtt topic causes quite some trouble .. maybe i should rethink this and use the more "conservative" way with the ethernetgateway

• @dakky I also prefer using MQTT but at that time I didn't want to waste time so I switched to EthernetGateway.
    May try adopting MQTT later and tell you if I knew something.

• Plugin Developer

I have tried this with my ESP8266 gateway but i did't work.
    I'm currently using it as a regular ESP8266 Gateway but when it works with MQTT i will switch to it.

• Hardware Contributor

Maybe you could you the "normal" gateway sketch for domoticz (because that works with nearly no work for you) and simply also add mqtt as a source later only for your other scripts!? I would be interested in your results because I am planning something similar 😉

• that's the way i'm using it now. Deftault ethernetGW + additional "datasource" for the mqtt messages. It's a bit tricky to find documentation about the mqtt messages domoticz is expecting. But basically it's working.

• Dear al....

Is there a how to or something for my idea:

I would like to make an all in one gateway, mysensors and MQTT [ I do not know what it all is, but if I still start . 🙂 ]

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics