MySensors GW Stop Receive Data

• Hi Guys!
    This is my first post on MySensors...what a wonderful world! 😃
    I'm using Domoticz as controller, I love it! But I've an issue with a Serial MySensors GW; after a while (from hours to days) it stops to receive data from sensors.
    What I need to do is to restart GW pressing RESET button on it. I've made a Serial Gateway with Arduino Nano; I've installed Domoticz on RPi2.

Do you think that I need to setup a Timeout on GW? I need to check USB connection? I'm using NRF24L01+ for sensors and NRF24L01+PA+LNA for GW.

Thank you so much for your support!

• Hardware Contributor

Hi @Nexus! Welcome!

My first wild guess would be power and radio with PA/LNA.
    Search the forum - there are many threads about this 🙂

Did you use a cap on the radio? Seperate power supply for the radio?

• Hi @sundberg84 , thank you so much for your support!
    So do you think that could be a power issue?
    I've Arduino Nano GW connected to RPi2 by USB cable, I don't have a separate power supply for radio.

I had same issue with NRF24L01+ (no PA/LNA)...

• Hardware Contributor

@Nexus Its impossible to know 100% but this seems to be a common issue.
    Tried capacitors?

• @sundberg84
    Yes, I've capacitors...

I notice that often if I reset serial connection the GW restarts to work...
    In this way I set a Data Timeout in order to restart serial connection every 15 minutes.
    On other hand I see in log "w1_master_driver w1_bus_master1: Family 0 for 00.e80000000000.2b is not registered." so I removed mod from Kernet at reboot; seems to work better...

I've no idea why GW stucks...if it is a common issue, what I need to know? I'm unable to find topics about it...
    What controller you suggest?😕

• Hardware Contributor

@Nexus I use Domoticz with a ethernet gateway, and PA/LNA radio.
    Works great - really stable.

• Mod

I had some problems with my serial gateway before. Turned out it touched some metal object on my desk by mistake sometimes, which made it stop working. (Yes, my desk becomes a bit messy when I have several projects ongoing)

I used scotch tape to isolate the exposed parts of the radio and now it has been working flawlessly for more than a month.

• @sundberg84 Thanks so much for your feedback! 😉
    Just to share info, what Domoticz release are you using? Mine is V2.3530 (stable).
    I'm using Serial GW with default sketch, I change nothing in MyConfig.h.
    I'm working on Arduino Nano with a NRF24L01+PA+LNA connected by USB to a RPi2 powered by a 2.5A USB charger.

I love Domoticz...it's a powerful controller! I hope to find a stable configuration for MySensors network!

• @mfalkvidd Maybe you're right! My desk is very messy during this period...😓
    I will try to make order and to isolate radio parts...Thank you so much for your suggestion!

• Hardware Contributor

@Nexus At the moment 2.4031 but i run the beta channel and upgrade once and awhile... I use a UNO with ethernet shield. I power everything with a genuine apple phone charger and have a one 4.7uF cap and one 47uF cap parallel on the radio.

Again - it sounds like a power issue, or maybe as @mfalkvidd said something interfering.

• @sundberg84 2.4031 seems stable? Do you suggest to try beta?
    About cap I've 4.7uF only on Radio...you've a 47uF on radio; where you have the 4.7uF?

Thanks for support!

• Hardware Contributor

@Nexus Yes - some betas has been more stable than the stable version 🙂 since MySensors grows so fast sometimes Domoticz has had hard to keep up.

I have both 4,7 and 47uf! (Some have 4,7 and 100uF).

4,7uF is recommended but you can try others as well. Smaller ones is quicker to respond but offcourse does not have that high electric energy. Sometimes it can be good to have both, no harm in putting them parallel at least what i have experienced.

• @Nexus I would definitely suggest using beta. You have to remember that it is not a stable version and there are several glitches. However, this is a cutting edge

• @sundberg84 Thank you so much, I will try! Only a doubt: why putting capacitors in parallel? Can I put a greater capacitor (in order to sum them as parallel)?

• @alexsh1 Thanks so much! 😉

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics