Does MySensors do all that LowPower does?

• I've noticed that if I try to modify my source code for a pro-mini & nRF24 to include the LowPower library, the source will not compile:

enum period_t {
         ^
    In file included from C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\LowPower_ProMini_DHT-22_nRF24_v1\LowPower_ProMini_DHT-22_nRF24_v1.ino:2:0:
    C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Low-Power/LowPower.h:6:6: error: previous definition here
    enum period_t
         ^

This makes me think that there are portions of the MySensors library that take advantage of the lower power modes available, like STANDBY-I and PowerDown. That's all great, but it begs that question;

"How exactly is the MySensors library adjusting the power modes of the ATmel chips (which modes when), and does this same power-awareness apply to, say, the radio boards (nRF24, etc.)?"

Right now, I have my first true battery-powered node drawing 7.1ma in [whatever mode(s) MySensors library is putting everything in]. Is this as good as it gets (I pulled the PWR LED), or are there further options available using, say, interrupts as an example, that could bring power consumption down further?

Thanks!

• Hardware Contributor

Hello, @Bogus-Exception, you clearly have a problem in your node, use debug mode and check the console your node is probably not going to sleep with this power consumption.
    With a door sensor made of a ProMini board, a NRF24 clone and a reed switch the sleep function from MySensors uses less than 2uA.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics