Temps rounded to whole numbers?

• Trying to get the DS18B20 to round to a whole number no decimal point. I'm using this and getting the temps down to .1 decimal point.

// Fetch and round temperature to one decimal
    		float temperature = static_cast<float>(static_cast<int>((gw.getConfig().isMetric ? sensors.getTempCByIndex(i) : sensors.getTempFByIndex(i)) * 10.)) / 10.;

What do I do next to get a whole number only, I don't like all the minor changes flooding my controller.

complete node code is below.

https://codebender.cc/sketch:238531

• Mod

@DrJeff said:

float temperature = static_cast<float>(static_cast<int>((gw.getConfig().isMetric ? sensors.getTempCByIndex(i) : sensors.getTempFByIndex(i)) * 10.)) / 10.;

Either store the temperature in an int (and round to nearest integer by adding 0.5 to the temperature):

int temperature = static_cast<int>(0.5+(gw.getConfig().isMetric ? sensors.getTempCByIndex(i) : sensors.getTempFByIndex(i)));

Or keep it in a float, rounded to the nearest integer:

float temperature = round(gw.getConfig().isMetric ? sensors.getTempCByIndex(i) : sensors.getTempFByIndex(i)));

• @Yveaux said:

float temperature = round(gw.getConfig().isMetric ? sensors.getTempCByIndex(i) : sensors.getTempFByIndex(i)));

I will try this Thanks for the help.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics