!TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY



  • Hi there!

    My new NRF24L01+ modules arrived today and I'm trying to test them.

    I had an unknown device listed in my Domoticz MySensors Gateway with USB so I deleted it in the Domoticz GUI. I thought it would be able to re-register with the Domoticz gateway but it fails. At least that's what I think. Anyway, I'm not able to get it back in the Domoticz device listing. I've restarted the gateway and tried the inclusion button etc but nothing seems to help. Below is the serial monitor debugging info. Any ideas?

    0 MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RNNNA--,VER=2.1.1
    32 TSM:INIT
    49 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    81 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    98 TSF:SID:OK,ID=10
    114 TSM:FPAR
    180 TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2277 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    2293 TSM:FPAR
    2359 TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4456 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    4472 TSM:FPAR
    4538 TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6635 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    6651 TSM:FPAR
    6717 TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    8814 !TSM:FPAR:FAIL
    8830 TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    8847 TSM:FAIL:PDT



  • I think we both have the same problem:

    https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/6135/no-new-node-possible



  • @gloob
    Thanks, I will follow Your thread. The problem looks similar.



  • My problem was caused by the fact that the radio was inserted into a socket. The 4.7uF stabilizing capacitor was put on the main board side of the socket. Moving the capacitor to the radio board or just soldering the radio to the main board (without using a socket) solved the problem. So, don't use a socket between the radio and the stabilizing capacitor.

    Another interesting thing is that by putting a finger onto the antenna also solved the problem. I could use that method for testing all my radios (using the socket) before permanently soldering them onto the main board.



  • @รอเรือ
    use a 100uf capacitor for radio and use

    #define MY_RF24_PA_LEVEL RF24_PA_HIGH
    

    for gateway and nodes.
    this is not excellent but work better with little error



  • I had the same problem.

    For some reason I'd connected NRF_CE to Pin D4 instead of D9.

    Simply putting #define MY_RF24_CE_PIN 4 made all the problems go away but I lost a couple of days figuring that out. I assumed the radio was connected fine as it was talking to the gateway, it would just not ACK messages.

    The gateway would show:

    7222879 !TSF:MSG:SEND,0-0-6-6,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:0
    

    (Running 2.2.0.rc2)



  • I fixed it by adding:

    #define MY_NODE_ID 11
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC
    

    I had been noticing that the gateway was overwriting old nodes that hadn't connected for a while. Oddly, I can see the following ID's in Domoticz:

    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    6
    7
    8
    9
    10
    123



  • And then fixed it some more by clearing the eeprom of my nodes. There's special sketch for that under examples.



  • @alowhum Thanks for that solution.

    This is an old topic but I recently started to have these problems again.

    From the debug output:

    !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    

    I've tried so many different capacitors without success. The funny thing is that if I touch the antenna, communication starts to work.

    Then I tried

    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC
    

    And now it works. I suspect this is not a case of bad radio clones. It's something else. That's my guess.

    I use MySensors 2.3.0 on my node and on my gateway. I also have a repeater node, I believe it has MySensors version 2.2.0. (Arduino 1.8.5)

    You guys who know a lot, does this sound like that I've got a problem with my repeater node? Do you have any suggestions how I can find out what's the cause of the issue?

    Thanks!

    EDIT: One day after: The solution above stopped to work for some reason. I sound like an idiot, don't I? I have been working many hours trying to figure out what's the cause. Today nothing seemed to work (If touching the antenna it works but I can't do that all the time.) Anyway, I desoldered the radio and put a new one in. No change. I removed the power regulator and fed the radio with 3v battery, no change. I desoldered the radio again and put a socket so I can switch radio easily. I measured that the socket cnnections on the PCB works. Suddenly it works quite well with most radios that I've tried. I get a few NACK occasionally on some of the radios. Soldering additional capacitors on top of the radio doesn't seem to improve anything. It works quite well now but I can't accept that the socket is the solution that makes the radios work.


 

378
Online

7.6k
Users

8.5k
Topics

91.2k
Posts