Dashboard Design for Home energy consumption

• Hi all

I am quite new in this field so wanna know how would i start designing dashboard for household energy consumption and what kind of options i could have for beautifying the display ? I am getting the readings from an energy server (to be disclosed later) with a resolution(interval) of 10 minutes. From these readings i will categorize them into energy and water consumption columns. Currently it should only be accessed through the browser. (not thinking about app creation )

Please guide and assist

Thanks !

Zack

• Hardware Contributor

Hello,

you could use emoncms, or influxdb+grafana

• Admin

Depends, on what your goal is here..

Do you want to show graphs? Then influxdb / grafana would be the go-to thing, as it is very flexible. (I'm using this)

If you just want to show numbers, then an angular based web application, that fetches data from node-red, or something like that. Perhaps with a socket connection, so that node-red can push new values to the dashboard, in realtime.

• Graphical display is also one of my requirements alongwith data. What level of data security exists in running dashboard data ? Can i keep privacy with the fetched data?

Users

Topics

Suggested Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.