Mikael Falkvidd
    Miloslav Kazda
    Patrick Fallberg
    per1234
    seeers
    tekka
    thucar
    Tombula

• Do we need to upgrade everything? gateway/nodes? or is there some compatibility?

• Contest Winner

@crankycoder We use semantic versioning based on the OTA protocol. That means that a major change require network wide updates. A minor change (like this one) means there are features added but they shouold be backwards compatible (OTA wize) and a patch change is just a bugfix (which might also be included in minor and major releases).

To be more concise: No, you do not need to upgrade anything. 2.3.0 is fully 2.2.0 compatible. But some features are changed so you might need to do some changes to your sketch if you use 2.3.0 version (like signing flags, rPi configuration options and such).

• Perfect!!! Thanks for the update!

• Version 2.3.0 has very big problem with communication on radio RFM69HW.
    On version 2.2.0 the same configuration and parameters has no problem. Works perfect.

Now i can not use 2.3.0 with RFM69HW. Please help and correct this problem.

I use gateway on RPI3. I updated gateway to 2.3.0 but it no working with nodes with version 2.3.0
    Also problem is when on Gateway and Nodes has the same version 2.3.0

For me on radio RFM69HW only works correct on version 2.2.0

• Hello,

please, how to update version 2.2.0 to 2.3.0 on Raspberry pi?

Thank you.

• Mod

@mirikbb either delete the MySensors folder and start from the beginning, or do git pull inside the MySensors folder and start from the build step.

• Hello,
    I set the update, but now i've some issues.
    I can't edit and manage switches anymore:
    as soon i click on edit i have this word "undefined" .and that's all.
    i can't set timers too.

I tryed this:
    My installation was pretty simple , so i stoped domoticz serveur , removed domoticz folder and proceeded to an fresh install.
    Problems are still present.
    log don't say anything.
    so, anyone have a clue ?
    thank
    Eric.

here what i get when i click on edit:
    0_1529948339656_Capture.png

• Mod

@eric007 I don't see how MySensors can cause that problem. Looks like something with Domoticz. Have you tried rolling back to the latest stable Domoticz version?

• @mfalkvidd you'r right, i was in a hurry , so i forgoted using my brain!!
    the update was with domoticz and i have to check this way.
    Thank.

• @eric007
    I have the same problem. It is related to Domoticz update sice today afternoon where some of the sensors started to show like undefined. This has nothing to do with Mysensors 2.3.0 update.

• @eric007
    The problem is in browser's cache was not refreshed after the update. For Firefox browser clear Cache and Site Data (Options->Privacy&Security->Clear History->Cache+Offline WebSite Data)
    then reload window. The message "refreshing cache" should appear on Domoticz page, right up side corner.
    The graphs should then display normally. Without clearing the cache you can see the normal Domoticz graphs in new private Firefox window or other browser.

• Hum I am not sure what the deal is here but I have spent the last two days updating and then removing 2.3.0 from Gateways and Repeaters. It completely trashed my 22 node network. I still have some 2.3.0 nodes running but if I installed 2.3.0 and setup #define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE my nodes would crash within about 30 mins of booting. Also on the gateway the through-put of the radio RF24 died to a crawl. I was trying to OTA my nodes and they were going line by line for about 60mins or more each (MYSController). I simply went back to 2.2.0 on Ethernet Gateway made NO other configuration changes and the nodes flashed in less than a minute each.

Since removing 2.3.0 from gateway and repeaters the whole network appears to have stabilised again.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics