Z-wave sensor

• Hi I'm new on the forum and I'm wondering if some one try to build a z-wave sensors. I have found chip that that is capable to communicate throught z-wave. Maybe it's expensive but i think from specyfication it's worth it. Here is the link to the chip
    http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/sigma-designs-inc/ZM5202AE-CME3R/703-1071-1-ND/4135428
    It's 868MHz EU Frequency

• Why?
    the chip isn't cheap -and as I remember you MUST be a participating member of the Z-wave alliance were minimum fee us US$ 3000 per year

• did you saw how small it is? What is capable of:

1. every node is a repeater
    2. low power
    3. encryption
      If you have z-wave device then you know.
      You can buy the chip but if you want to program it with sigma design sdk you must to buy development kit. You can't sell the product if you don't pass the certification .

• Did you check the price for SDK? and i would also guess price for certification is not fun either

• Admin

The MySensors project was created to bypass the rigorous rules of z-wave and closeness of their protocol and source code.

MySensors is capable of everything on your list

every node is a repeater
    low power
    encryption

I addition we provide message authentication and "standardized" OTA updates capability.

The latest version of z-wave addresses some of their previous security problems.. but considering their closeness it's hard to know how good they are.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics