Display info from nodes directly on Gateway?

• Hi eveyone,
    I'm new in MySensors community πŸ™‚
    I have successfully builded a serial gateawy and one node (binary switch) for testing.
    I have to build a system that will have only two wireless buttons.
    Nothing complex, but I have some questions:

1. Do i have to somehow pair nodes with a gatway? So they would not interference with other gateways nearby? (there will be more of above systems close to eachother)
    2. Can I somehow dispay information from sensors direcly on a geatway? I do not need an controller (like Domoticz), my only requirement is to recieve a button press and display it on a simple Led Matrix (8 x 😎 as a number. It would be ideal to connect such Led Matrix directly to gateway without any controller. Is is achieveable?

Thank you very much for response.
    Bartek.

@bartaspoz Welcome and I hope you enjoy the experience! Simple answer to your questions:

1. If you have different gateways you better use them on seperate (radio) channels. But you can also operate the nodes in the same network and send messages between all the nodes. If you don't use a controller also give your nodes a fixed id..
    2. Yes you can! In MySensors 2.0 you can attach sensors (i.e. display) to the gateway. As the gateway is node "0" you can read the messages sent to node "0" and have the info displayed.

• @AWI Thank you for your quick response, I really appreciate it and certainly will lokk closer at this features πŸ™‚

Btw (little offtopic) - Domoticz vs Home Assistant. I couldn't find any direct comparsion. I assume from what I have read that Domoticz is older and more maturΔ™ produkt, but am I right that HA have a waaaaay larger compatibility list?

@bartaspoz I don't have experience with HA but can't see how the compatibility list of Domoticz can grow much further.
    My suggestion would be to determine what you need and go from there.
    Quality can and will outlive quantity. ✨

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics